Tank revamp

Soundline

Think Im almost done with this set up, might switch the wood out, add some more plants. Fish will be switched around once out 46 build is done.

So I took the top rim off, changed the gravel to black sand, added some stones my fiance has collected over the years. Went kids a with an orange theme to match our bedroom where the tank is.

it was all the way around d a learning expierence. Had to learn how to tank the rim off, sink drift wood, figure out what rocks are safe, lighting, learned about c02 sticking with liquid for this set up though.

Lots of fun and lots learned to carry onto my 46 built.

IMG_1267.jpg IMG_1257.jpg IMG_1266.jpg

clownie

Nice clean look soundline! I do have to say, a few of your plants aren't true aquatic ones so they will die off after awhile, the bamboo and spiky looking one in the left hand corner.

Loren

Nice clean look soundline! I do have to say, a few of your plants aren't true aquatic ones so they will die off after awhile, the bamboo and spiky looking one in the left hand corner.
So far so good for my bamboo.
KgIZOM4.jpg

Soundline

Holy cow those are huge. How long have you had them in water? I got this tank used it had been set up for two years with the bamboo.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Think Im almost done with this set up, might switch the wood out, add some more plants. Fish will be switched around once out 46 build is done.

So I took the top rim off, changed the gravel to black sand, added some stones my fiance has collected over the years. Went kids a with an orange theme to match our bedroom where the tank is.

it was all the way around d a learning expierence. Had to learn how to tank the rim off, sink drift wood, figure out what rocks are safe, lighting, learned about c02 sticking with liquid for this set up though.

Lots of fun and lots learned to carry onto my 46 built.

View attachment 4336 View attachment 4338 View attachment 4339

Wow. What a difference taking that rim off.... amazing.

@Loren - or shall I call you Mr. Bamboo? I want to do that! Do you just buy a regular ol' bamboo plant and plop in into the tank? I feel like I should have bamboo growing out of alllllllllll my tanks at this point!

Loren

ME TOO!!!

I checked out the link Loren put up and that CURLY BAMBOO is really rocking my world at this moment........
I bought some guppies from a guy in Seattle and he had lotus leaf bamboo in a bunch of his tanks. I instantly fell in love with it so had to get some. Depending on the amount of natural light you have in your room they might need something artificial as well. We had a picture on the wall behind the tank so I just added a lamp to that so now the bamboo is getting some lighting as well.

Soundline

ME TOO!!!

I checked out the link Loren put up and that CURLY BAMBOO is really rocking my world at this moment........

I love my twisting bamboo! I plan on getting a couple more for this tank. I'm currently drys aping my 46 bow front till post pictures later. Will be switched g out some place to for the 20 gallon.

I am in love with the rimless look, my fiance added black vinyl to the back of both out tanks.