Tallest freakin tank

sandnuka

Ok, got my tank on the stand, in the house.... here is a picture comparison between the new tank and my 6 1/2 yr old daughter, who is pretty tall!

bigtan10.jpg

protocl

sandnuka said:
Ok, got my tank on the stand, in the house.... here is a picture comparison between the new tank and my 6 1/2 yr old daughter, who is pretty tall!

bigtan10.jpg
is that a custom 60 G?

sandnuka

80gal tall!!!! well more than 80gal.... its dimensions are.... 48x13x31.5 ..... pretty freakin tall.... the glass is soooo thick.... I like that I can stand next to it and not have to bend to look in... :)

protocl

sandnuka said:
80gal tall!!!! well more than 80gal.... its dimensions are.... 48x13x31.5 ..... pretty freakin tall.... the glass is soooo thick.... I like that I can stand next to it and not have to bend to look in... :)
80 G!?

no way!!! i dont believe! :cyclops:

sandnuka

This tank will house two different tropheus variant, Tropheus duboisi, and tropheus Mplungu.... I think???? havent got the second variant yet, will decided end of this coming week though!

Prot - believe it buddy! use the lil' calculater thing to multiple the deminsions.... thats how i found out it housed 80gals.... plus... its a foot taller than my 55gal. so gotta be waaaay more than 60gal dude! lol

icer711

ha ha i got you beat got one on a 37" stand that's 36" tall its my super 90 its 73" floor to top no hood yet didn't leave enough room :( soon though... but looking good. i love looking right at it at eye level its sweet i know you know what i mean

sandnuka

icer711 - I know exactly what you mean dude.... I love not having to bend! lol

Me - Thanks, worked hard on both... the tank, and the kid.. lol

A

Anonymous

Nice tank bro. I love uncommon sizes, I have a 110 they are kinda uncommon 72x13x27 I think that's the size I'm probably wrong. Really nice I like it with the diy background too. One day I'm gonna do one of those.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow that is one nice looking tank and background!

I have a 120g (60x18x27) and always end up with wet armpits every time I'm working in my tank. I cant imagine having an even deeper tank like that.

Ashley

lol I totally understand. We have a 3ft tall tank and we cant reach the bottom even with a net. And my boyfriend built the stand a little too tall lol. So in total the thing is about 7ft tall

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Drywall stilts and a snorkel are not commonly used in the aquarium trade but there is always a first!

sandnuka

dmd - thanks for the comment on the background... there not hard to make... check out my post in the DIY section on backgrounds... there is a step by step video i posted in there!