sump connection help

Ripley71

I am looking to add a sump system to my freshwater tank. It is not drilled so I have an eshopps hang on back and I need to make the intake & the return but my partner doesn't trust me to make it. Does anybody have experience in making them & teaching me?

clownie

I am not sure by what you mean by "make" intake and return. If you could post pics of what you are working with I could guide you better.

Ripley71

Having problems uploading pictures. Basically what i have is an eshopp hang on back. I need build the plumbing to the sump & back up.

15035446148911258931971.jpg

clownie

First you will need a U shaped siphon tube that goes from the dark colored overflow to the clear part. Then it looks like You need a bulkhead fitting on the clear part on the bottom. I attached a pic of your overflow so you can see how it should look before we move into connecting it to the sump. PF300.jpg

Racersk

I use sump pump plastic hose for all my returns to my sump. 1.5" and slips over most all aftermarket overflows I have seen. A zip tie will 100% lock it into place too, plus its like $10 for a huge roll of it from any box store. Cut at the splices!

For the hose from the pump, it gets no simpler than a garden hose. Older the better, IMO, so as to not leach any plastic nasties into your tank. I have been usign these for YEARS without issue.

20170906_200110.jpg