submersible leds?

Are there any submersible leds capable of growing plants? I know there are several different illuminated ornaments and underwater lights on the market but has anybody tried using any to grow plants? It seems like that would solve the problem of light reflecting off the waters surface. Which I know leads to a significant loss of light that reaches the substrate. I would have a hard time believing that I'm the first one to have thought of this. So someone would almost have to have tried. Anybody?

Loren

Are there any submersible leds capable of growing plants? I know there are several different illuminated ornaments and underwater lights on the market but has anybody tried using any to grow plants? It seems like that would solve the problem of light reflecting off the waters surface. Which I know leads to a significant loss of light that reaches the substrate. I would have a hard time believing that I'm the first one to have thought of this. So someone would almost have to have tried. Anybody?

I have recently bought both a Tingkam and Mingdak to supplement low lighting conditions in a 29 and 10 gallon aquarium. Since I have mixed lighting in these tanks this does not really answer your question. However, the reviews on Amazon where I bought them were claiming that they work well with at least low light requirement plants. I have another one coming today that I plan to use strictly to grow Christmas moss.

Do you by chance have a link to them? Please either update here start a new thread with some results even short term. I'm very interested to see how well they do. It seams like it would help tremendously just getting the bulb below the surface so none of the light is reflected. I know I'm repeating myself here so i await your review.