Striped Raphael Catfish

I have three of these.......ahem........ beautiful.... catfish, that I adopted from a friend who kept them for 13 years. They're no longer "cute" looking...infact, the previous owner calls them the Three Butt Sisters. I can see why! Hahaha... I'm fairly certain that they're all females, because they're FAT... not just "I'm going to eat everything nom nom nom" fat... but like "I have eggs, AND I'M GOING TO EAT EVERYTHING NOM NOM NOM NOM!" fat.

Anyway, here's a picture of one of them... they're roughly about 7" in length. Definitely the largest ones I've ever seen, that's for sure. This one in particular, loves to just hang out on the driftwood, doesn't really hide in caves like her two other sisters. Heh.

(Here's a picture of one of her Butt Sisters, likes to hide in that particular cave, and shares it with a bullhead catfish)

Jessikins

She is fantastic! From the photo, it almost looks like she has a giant horn for a fin! I love fat fish!  :spoton: 

LOL!! I didn't realize that (Trying to eat the black neon tetra) but now that you've mentioned it, it looks hilarious! Hahahahaha!!!

I've added a couple more pictures in the first post, to gauge just how big she is. Her two other sisters are the same size, it's amazing how active they are even during the day, considering that they're usually active at night when the lights go out. Hehehe...

TROLOLOLOL!!! I didn't know that Striped Raphael Catfish could making croaking noises! I had to find a youtube video on it, and oh my gosh, it sounds so cute! LOL.. I wonder what mine would sound like... I dare not try to fish her out of the tank though. =P

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/N_eWlhQvCfY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have a spotted Rafael cat..... She/ he is 8" and everybit as fat and ugly as yours..... That's why I like it though! I wonder if the spotted ones croak? I've never heard anything from it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very cool looking cat! Almost alien  :alien: 

Thanks! I got the cave from a friend (Consecration is her fishbox name) when she gave me her pleco, Hoover. It was originally Hoover's cave, but he never really used it after he moved into my tank. So the three striped Raphael catfish took refuge in it instead. I think you can find the caves in petco or petsmart in their reptile section.