Snowflake, the Albino Bichir

DMD123 and I made a trade a while back (how long has it been, DMD123?) I got his Albino Bichir, named Snowflake. I haven't really done an update video on her, so here's a quick video of her during feeding time.

She's definitely not shy when it comes to food! She'll come swimming into a crowd of fish, and will steal whatever they're eating and swim away, to claim her loot. Hahaha!! Check it out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Xk4JpqFTU

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice video. It brings me back to my childhood when I did community tanks.... Where did you get the Burmese border loach? I have two and am looking for more

Ehh?? Which one is the Burmese border loach? What point in the video do you see it?

I've always thought that the loaches that aren't clown loaches, we're all yoyo loaches. Lol

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The dark one thick striped that look like an hour glass. It past the halfway point. Not sure how far into the video it is though

I'll have to check that out. :)
But anywho, I got my other yoyo loaches from various Craigslist ad. Aside from the huge you loach which I got from work when a customer dropped it off.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here are my Burmese border loaches for reference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I cant even remember how long its been. Snowflake was one of my favorite bichir I had but I had to take into consideration full grown size and the albino's just stay too small. This is an issue since my weeksii has the potential to get 18-20" and would have seen her as food. I originally started with five bichir but finally got my stock down to just two.

Good job Poke, Snowflake looks great!