Skrittles Mix

julzhull

Please post what colour the saddle is when the browns get big. About half of my browns have yellowy brown saddles and half have green. The green saddled ones are very pretty. I was going to remove all the wilds to a different tank but changed my mind for now. I kind of like them and some have a blue tint left from their mother.
I will for sure! I actually like those brownish ones. It's not a full on brown.

Betty

Staff member
I see the others in there, but the red stands out and I was noticing them compared to mine, which are not as red! :(

julzhull

I see the others in there, but the red stands out and I was noticing them compared to mine, which are not as red! :(
I think the really vibrant reds are LR Bretz's Fire Reds which are his award winning ones. I've also got some reds (maybe his regular red ones) that if you look really closely they have almost a striped effect on them. I need to clean up the tank and get my macro lens out on my Nikon and try to get some good photos of the

julzhull

Please let us know once the babies are born.
I'll try. They've got lots of hiding places and then when I do start seeing babies it's hard to say if it's from this one or one of the other pregnant ladies I've got in there.

As unkempt as I feel that tank is the shrimp seem to be quite happy in there so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

Loren

Yeah, that is true. You are going to get what you get and probably never know for sure who was the giver.

julzhull

How long does it take to see color developing?
I'm not really sure. On the reds I feel like you can see that hint coming through really fast. I should start keeping a log of some of the babies and see how long it takes for mine to get a certain size and the color.

julzhull

How is that powdered food feeding thingy working? I'm curious. :)
I'd forgotten. I pulled it out and gave it a try. I have no previous experience with powdered food but this made it easy. Dropped a bit in, stirred around and down into the tank it went.

I have a video, have to remember how to post it.

Betty

Staff member
Thanks for the video @julzhull. Looks like it works well. It only took them a few seconds to discover that food. I'm going to see if I can come up with something like that on my own. I suspect the shipping would be more than the feeder and I don't need any other supplies.