Free Siamese Algae Eaters x 3

julzhull

I have 3 Siamese algae eaters that have outgrown my 46g (put them in to clean up an algae problem). They're getting antsy in there now. I'd love to be all 3 to go to a new home! They're 2.5-3". Located in the Meadowdale/Edmonds area, can meet at Aquarium Coop or closer.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Loren

That is a very generous offer.

Inquiring minds are going to want to know where you are located? :)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Do they have to go together? I got a 30G with an insane algae problem and the African Leaf Fish ate two of the 3 siamese algae eaters (teeeeeny) that I got at The Coop. :-( I'm a loving home. He'd have many Giant Danio friends to play with.....

Loren

Do they have to go together? I got a 30G with an insane algae problem and the African Leaf Fish ate two of the 3 siamese algae eaters (teeeeeny) that I got at The Coop. :-( I'm a loving home. He'd have many Giant Danio friends to play with.....
why not take all three and then when you're done with your algae problem I will take them off your hands.

Loren

Don't give me any credit for the idea. It is a common practice in the Seattle area in the war against algae.

julzhull

I'd hesitate to only do one for a couple reasons: they get funky as a solo fish. We tried to moved one from our herd in the 210g and all he did was hide in the 46g and ate no algae. They're also kind of at their maximum size for a small tank. It might work though to temporarily use them and send them off to someone else though (if @Loren is interested in them).

What kind of algae do you have going on? I've got some baby albino longfin bristlenoses that are good with certain types of algae.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I'd hesitate to only do one for a couple reasons: they get funky as a solo fish. We tried to moved one from our herd in the 210g and all he did was hide in the 46g and ate no algae. They're also kind of at their maximum size for a small tank. It might work though to temporarily use them and send them off to someone else though (if @Loren is interested in them).

What kind of algae do you have going on? I've got some baby albino longfin bristlenoses that are good with certain types of algae.

I got both green on the glass kind and some awful hairy stuff that isn't black beard algae. I have a big bristlenose in there now. He just can't keep up.

Loren

Yep, there are people that buy SAE, Amano shrimp and Flag fish for algae outbreaks and then offer them up to others once the problem has been taken care of. And the hairy stuff is probably "hair algae".

Are you on the Airstone distribution list?

So like I said take all three and once you are done with them I will gladly take them off of your hands.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Yep, there are people that buy SAE, Amano shrimp and Flag fish for algae outbreaks and then offer them up to others once the problem has been taken care of. And the hairy stuff is probably "hair algae".

So like I said take all three and once you are done with them I will gladly take them off of your hands.

It sounds like @julzhull might have some reticence about that arrangement. My tank IS only 29 gallons. But its chock full of deeeelicous algae..... YUM YUM *pokes Julzhull*

Loren

It sounds like @julzhull might have some reticence about that arrangement. My tank IS only 29 gallons. But its chock full of deeeelicous algae..... YUM YUM *pokes Julzhull*
No, he is just hesitant to break them up which we are not planning on doing. ;)

Loren

Is there a secret handshake? I only do stuff that requires a secret handshake.

I joined the Adopt A Stream organization this weekend - they don't have a handshake. Disappointing. VERY disappointing.
Yes, there is a secret handshake and I will be happy to give you the first one. Please be sure to pass along to me $1000 during the "shake" as an initiation fee.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Yes, there is a secret handshake and I will be happy to give you the first one. Please be sure to pass along to me $1000 during the "shake" as an initiation fee.

Hmphf. I smell a scam. I didn't just fall off the fish ladder you know.....