Shrimp Tank Additives

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
How are those shrimp doing @VickiK ?

Well, since you asked...I wasn't going to offer up any info because it's just one long sad pathetic story at this point...BUT...SINCE YOU ASKED JULZ...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I did a big (30%) water change on Saturday. The TDS in my tap water has miraculously gone down so I used 1 gallon remineralized distilled water and the rest, right out of the ol' Snohomish County water system. I rearranged all their accoutrements in there -- they have it all - Indian Almond Leaves, Wood, Moss growing, Chollo logs - two - and mineral stones...I mean, if there were a Penthouse Suite for PRLs and CRS - I have it goin' on.

The few I see are active and eating and hating the fancy food I give them. No babies. Whatsoever.

Loren

Without realizing it you put your finger right on the problem.

If you add one bottle of this on a weekly basis your shrimp will be breeding like rabbits.
FkULPwB.png

julzhull

Well, since you asked...I wasn't going to offer up any info because it's just one long sad pathetic story at this point...BUT...SINCE YOU ASKED JULZ...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I did a big (30%) water change on Saturday. The TDS in my tap water has miraculously gone down so I used 1 gallon remineralized distilled water and the rest, right out of the ol' Snohomish County water system. I rearranged all their accoutrements in there -- they have it all - Indian Almond Leaves, Wood, Moss growing, Chollo logs - two - and mineral stones...I mean, if there were a Penthouse Suite for PRLs and CRS - I have it goin' on.

The few I see are active and eating and hating the fancy food I give them. No babies. Whatsoever.
QQQQQQ

Here's a site that has some helpful info on breeding. Mainly it might help you with determining if you do indeed have all of one gender.
http://www.planetinverts.com/shrimp_reproduction.html

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
QQQQQQ

Here's a site that has some helpful info on breeding. Mainly it might help you with determining if you do indeed have all of one gender.
http://www.planetinverts.com/shrimp_reproduction.html

Thanks Julz. Seriously though, isn't that a bit ODD? I mean, to have that happen? I will read this and while I'm not going to scoop them up and turn them over to see (???) something, I might just get more CRS and up my game. LOL

julzhull

So I just read that whole post - thank you - and now I am QQ I mean seriously, how hard could this BE really???
That's why I really wonder if maybe you've got all males or females. :confused: Maybe you could add a few more to see if that does the trick.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
That's why I really wonder if maybe you've got all males or females. :confused: Maybe you could add a few more to see if that does the trick.

@Mike16T

I am totally going to get some more shrimp, however, there seems to be SOME ACTIVITY in the tank and I'm not sure what the heck it is! I'm copying Mr. Shrimp on this because he'll know what's going on AND make fun of me so I got that to look forward to.

There are tiny white things that swim VERY FAST in there now. I mean tiny. Tiny tiny teardrop - sorta - shaped white (?) things that are EVERYWHERE.

What infestation has occurred? This cannot POSSIBLY be shrimp babies --- could it??

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
copepods?

OMG. I just googled that and you can BUY THESE THINGS. Unbelievable. I can grow these -- virtually out of nowhere - but my shrimp won't have babies. Ugh.

I guess I'm going to have to put something in there to eat them?

julzhull

@Mike16T

I am totally going to get some more shrimp, however, there seems to be SOME ACTIVITY in the tank and I'm not sure what the heck it is! I'm copying Mr. Shrimp on this because he'll know what's going on AND make fun of me so I got that to look forward to.

There are tiny white things that swim VERY FAST in there now. I mean tiny. Tiny tiny teardrop - sorta - shaped white (?) things that are EVERYWHERE.

What infestation has occurred? This cannot POSSIBLY be shrimp babies --- could it??
How many do you think there might be?

Mike16T

@Mike16T

I'm Vic on this. Might be copepods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk