Shrimp Sphere still going

Paintguy

realized this sounds like an ad... really just happy with this awesome present.

Just an update from this little 4inch enclosed eco system my daughter got me for Christmas. Still have 3 little red shrimp moving around just fine. Super easy to take care of... just keep them at a reasonable temp and out of direct sunlight. Suggest 8 hours of normal lighting.. adjust to keep the algae from getting to big or small. For anyone interested she got it at: eco-sphere.com.
shrimpsphere.jpg

julzhull

I've wondered how these do long term - thanks for the update!

Has it always had that water level in it? It's amazing that you don't have to do anything with it but watch the lighting.

Paintguy

I read up on them and it is rare to have them multiply, but I wonder if that would mess up the balance.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I've ALWAYS been curious about the long-term on these. Keep us posted @Paintguy ! It's like the perfect desk pet for work!

Paintguy

Update - Coming up on 3 years now and still have 3 red shrimp in there. They look the same size as when I first got them.

FishBeast

Nice! I've head of these! Completely self contained right? Are these the hawaiian red shrimp (Halocaridina rubra?)

Betty

Staff member
The same three shrimp? Nice that's it's so low maintenance and still looks good.