Shrimp bug bit me again!

julzhull

That is high PH. Are your cory's fine with it? That's like the a little over minimum for african cichlids PH.
:/ They seem to be ok, not sure what behavior they'd be exhibiting if they weren't. Again, I need to double check after work. I've thought about taking some of the coral out, luckily it's in one spot so it wouldn't be too awful of a chore.

Mike16T

:/ They seem to be ok, not sure what behavior they'd be exhibiting if they weren't. Again, I need to double check after work. I've thought about taking some of the coral out, luckily it's in one spot so it wouldn't be too awful of a chore.
Yah.. PH it's in a high side.. You might want to reduce your crushed corals. Last time I did that (used crushed corals), all my otos and corys died. It was around 7.4 PH before.

julzhull

Yah.. PH it's in a high side.. You might want to reduce your crushed corals. Last time I did that (used crushed corals), all my otos and corys died. It was around 7.4 PH before.
We've used crushed coral a lot (mixed with substrate) and never had any issues. I think I just put too much in this tank (mixed it with some sand in the center of my black substrate to try to make it look like a river). It might not be too much if I was doing more frequent water changes but I haven't really had to. I'll double check pH tonight and do some adjusting.

julzhull

How did you shopping go yesterday.. ? =P
I actually finished it up this morning (after losing a cart full of stuff from yesterday). I ended up with $51 worth of stuff :) I'll have to do a post when I get it. I think we might be doing another order for some light risers/light mounts soon. I still need to so some Buce shopping.

Mike16T

I actually finished it up this morning (after losing a cart full of stuff from yesterday). I ended up with $51 worth of stuff :) I'll have to do a post when I get it. I think we might be doing another order for some light risers/light mounts soon. I still need to so some Buce shopping.

Where are you getting the light risers? Buceplant.com have a 20% off sale till the 23rd

julzhull

Where are you getting the light risers? Buceplant.com have a 20% off sale till the 23rd
Well, I guess I'm doing Buce shopping now.

Elevatedshrimp has light risers. I think I could use some on my nano, just have to figure out what height. We've also wanted to hang our lights in our canopy of our 210g so my husband wants to look at the light mounts to see if those will work in there.

Mike16T

Well, I guess I'm doing Buce shopping now.

Elevatedshrimp has light risers. I think I could use some on my nano, just have to figure out what height. We've also wanted to hang our lights in our canopy of our 210g so my husband wants to look at the light mounts to see if those will work in there.

I like the light risers that @Knutsen1122 makes.. =) It's made out of stailess steel.. If you're interested, PM him here or FB. He response faster in FB. =) His name is Colin Knutsen

Mike16T

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I do have soft water like you do so I think if I take out some coral and do a couple of water changes then I should be good.

If that's the case, you won't need it then.. =)
@Loren is having the same problem like you but his tap water comes out a little higher PH

Reef&LivebearerAquatic

Hi shrimp experts! Just got my first CRS, 2 tiger tooth S grade, and 3 double SS. Anyway the I just added these yesterday and I'm already seeing a molt. I know growing inverts have to molt more often, but he hasn't grown much since a day ago :p Is this a bad sign that he (or she I guess) have molted since I i got them?

Loren

Hi shrimp experts! Just got my first CRS, 2 tiger tooth S grade, and 3 double SS. Anyway the I just added these yesterday and I'm already seeing a molt. I know growing inverts have to molt more often, but he hasn't grown much since a day ago :p Is this a bad sign that he (or she I guess) have molted since I i got them?
I wouldn't be concerned.