Shrimp bug bit me again!

julzhull

Mine eat everything I feed the plecos! French-style green beans, sweet potato, carrots, persimmon, avocado, beet greens, radish greens, watermelon, spinach... They go for anything I put in the tank.

(I even tried a small piece of Dorito in a small container that I had a few shrimp in that had gotten sucked out at water change. They ate every last crumb and survived. I got the idea from @VickiK giving one to her oscar a long time ago. :zipped I won't do it again -- just wanted to see if they would eat it. :D)
I wonder if mine would eat carrot greens. I always have carrot greens leftover (I like the organic carrots).

Mike16T

Checked my shrimp tank just now and found a PRL mama.. =D

And this little cutie tgat doesn't look like a regular tangerine tiger.. ^_^ It has some red hue color woth some white splotches starting to show..
e995bdf862423e87864a78901f75a9b9.jpg
942e0a2d69493b5b305a0b35692f3351.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Mike16T

Also saw 2 more PRL's that are saddled. Hoping to see them to be berried in a few days or in a week.. =)

Betty

Staff member
I wonder if mine would eat carrot greens. I always have carrot greens leftover (I like the organic carrots).
I bet they would. Try a little bit, blanched, and see if they are interested. If not, I bet the plecos would enjoy it.

Congrats again, Mike!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Mine eat everything I feed the plecos! French-style green beans, sweet potato, carrots, persimmon, avocado, beet greens, radish greens, watermelon, spinach... They go for anything I put in the tank.

(I even tried a small piece of Dorito in a small container that I had a few shrimp in that had gotten sucked out at water change. They ate every last crumb and survived. I got the idea from @VickiK giving one to her oscar a long time ago. :zipped I won't do it again -- just wanted to see if they would eat it. :D)

ohhhhhhhh so funny! Seriously, my Oscars loved Doritos - back in the 80's.

Mike16T

Hahahaha... Loren, you should teach Vicki to be a pro... =P