Shrimp bug bit me again!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I couldn't see it!!!

Now I can and I am sufficiently jealous. When it gets berried and has 500 babies, be sure and send me a birth notice.

Loren

I couldn't see it!!!

Now I can and I am sufficiently jealous. When it gets berried and has 500 babies, be sure and send me a birth notice.
If they cross with my Tangerine Tigers and I get TangTai will you be really, really, really jealous?

Loren

I would recommend starting a indoor free range rabbit breeding operation to hopefully inspire the shrimp to do the same.

Loren

I don't have any problem getting my kids to eat their veggies.
QqssyQ8.jpg

julzhull

That photo is of french cut green beans. Before I got lazy I used to feed them blanched spinach and zucchini.
I always forget about beans. I need to do another batch of zucchini. The baby plecos love that. I don't think I've given them to shrimp yet.

Loren

Both plecos and shrimp love green beans. I just open a can, dump in a tupperware container, rinse several times and drain, feed and then put the lid on and throw in the fridge until the next feeding.

Betty

Staff member
Mine eat everything I feed the plecos! French-style green beans, sweet potato, carrots, persimmon, avocado, beet greens, radish greens, watermelon, spinach... They go for anything I put in the tank.

(I even tried a small piece of Dorito in a small container that I had a few shrimp in that had gotten sucked out at water change. They ate every last crumb and survived. I got the idea from @VickiK giving one to her oscar a long time ago. :zipped I won't do it again -- just wanted to see if they would eat it. :D)

Betty

Staff member
Whatever I have on hand. I don't go grocery shopping for them or prepare anything special. :whistle They get a lot of variety when I have the veggie garden planted -- soon they will be getting squash and zucchini.