Shrimp bug bit me again!

julzhull

Lot's of hiding places. They're pretty shy. They'll come out once they reach a certain size
Maybe it's the type of shrimp. Mine don't seem to be too shy. Except for all the blue babies. I still haven't seen a blue baby and I'm hoping they're just shy instead of not in there at all. Maybe I'll find one when I do my tank maintenance this weekend.

Mike16T

Maybe it's the type of shrimp. Mine don't seem to be too shy. Except for all the blue babies. I still haven't seen a blue baby and I'm hoping they're just shy instead of not in there at all. Maybe I'll find one when I do my tank maintenance this weekend.

It is indeed depends on the type of shrimp. =)

julzhull

Yes, the babies. But they are in shrimp only tanks.
For some reason this made me think of the other fish I have in my shrimp tank (a few hasbrosus corydoras and a LF albino BN). That pleco comes out for the food when I put it in and those babies are so tiny compared to it (it's not full grown, I'll be moving it when it gets too big) that they must think it's some giant monster. They've probably gotten used to it by now but at first they are probably like "WTF was that!?!".

Betty

Staff member
My cherry shrimp are not shy at all. I have to make sure they aren't still clinging to my hand when I remove it from the tank. They get into everything!

I wish I only had a few nice quality shrimp or that they would be like Vicki's and not reproduce. :D

Loren

What is it that @VickiK always says: "Pictures or it didn't happen?"

Here you go.
ZBlzdHZ.jpg