Show off your SRT growouts

Tank

I actually like the pearls from the one I have from our batch better lol because they aren't the fusing kind so I know he wont be completely plated in pearls, but even if you get a bunch of fish from the same batch their features will vary due to the fact they hybrids so a lot of features can be very different depending on the traits of the parents.

Tank

Our bath definitely has a different shape than your newer ones...... your new ones have the facial shape of an acara or a JD..... interesting, but love the color on the fading one
When I got the fading one it was 2.5in and cost me $150 but now the same seller recently quoted me $225 for same size same quality :/ so I doubt I'll be getting anymore, haha too expensive for me now.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Tankie got a new roommate yesterday. A "algae eater" (rescue) I don't even know what this fish is - he's got big lips that adhere to the sides of tank on occasion -- he's not an SAE and he's not a pleco of any kind. I don't know what he is. Anyway, Tankie was scared of him/her and pouted all day long inside his flower pots. It's taken him a whole day to get unafraid and start his normal behavior of redecorating with the rocks.

Also - he hasn't eat a single endler's livebearer. They swim right by his head.

Tank

Hahaha he is probably so well fed he doesnt even recognize them as food! If you want to make him a little more confident/aggressive try showing him a mirror once in a while.

Tank

This is my guy from our batch he hasn't faded yet but I stuck him in this blue tank and his oranges turn slightly redder LOL I think he looks good!

Screenshot_20180228-032942.png

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hahaha he is probably so well fed he doesnt even recognize them as food! If you want to make him a little more confident/aggressive try showing him a mirror once in a while.

He's fine with Morrie now (that fish's name). Tank and Morrie sounds like a tv show I'd watch.

It didn't take him long to "acclimate" to his new pal.

I will show him a mirror sometime to see what happens though. lol

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I haven't uploaded a Tankie photo for a bit. He's still growing of course. The pot he's next to is a 6" terra cotta flower pot - for reference.

@Tank - that cowboy hat photo we talked about? I'm going to make it happen, dude! I'll text it to you when it's done!

Tankie2 5.25.18.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Becoming nicer and nicer...

Hows the golden buddha food @VickiK ?

You know, the food I got --- that you told me to get -- Grand Sumo Red -- I'm still feeding it to him. He eats it. What he PREFERS are those stupid little tiny red Tetra Color Tropical Granules. I give those to the bottom feeders around here and he gobbles them up like candy -- as I'm giving those to his roomate, Mortie. He does eventually eat all of the Grand Sumo, but it takes him awhile. The snails help themselves to their fair share also.