Shanghai Flower & Fish Market

Elblin

Just got back from a business trip to Shanghai, China. Went to one of the local flower markets that also have birds and fish. There are a number of these Flower markets throughout the city, and most also have fish. There was a number of fish shops in the back all lined up, thought you all might be interested in seeing how they do it there. ] ]
There were 6-7 shops all lined up in the back of the building.
]
Tank full of Discus, Red Melon I think?
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Very crowded.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Chinese still life....with fish.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Lots of turtles.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Visual Impact!

Betty

Staff member
Poor turtles too.

I wonder if you pointed to one particular blood parrot in that big tank, if they'd catch that one for you. :D

hbluehunter

Man you gotta love asain style tanks.. :evil: Those Discus look amazing, and as much as i don't like parrots they have great color to them..

regan24

Omg I almost started crying, the overcrowding and then those poor baby turtles? That is NOT right. It freaks me out that people on the other side of the world can treat animals like this. I'd never do that ever.

sandnuka

WOW! Look at those discus.... they are amazing!!! Whats the price for some out there??

And you can tell they love there hybrids... look at all the blood parrots, and there was some I saw in that bottom tank with tattooing on them... lol, so crazy! Its really interesting what people do with there hobby, weather its bringing nature into there home, or them creating there own version of nature... I love different views and cultures! I dont agree with it at all... but just cool to see. thanks a bunch.