Saying Hello

gochu

Hi everyone! Just discovered the site and hope to learn from everyone and maybe also find out whats happening around locally in the hobby. I am somewhat new to the hobby and have had a fw tank for 2 years now. I like african cichlids and thinking about getting into planted tanks and aquascaping. Im looking forward to meeting all of you in the hobby.

-john

Anthraxx

welcome to start and also if your considering getting into planted tanks your in the right place. it just so happens that the GSAS (greater seattle aquarium society) is heavily into growing plants and they're major auction is coming up in april. i highly suggest going up to check it out and consider joining (i too am thinking about it) GL to ya and welcome to the site!

gochu

Anthraxx said:
welcome to start and also if your considering getting into planted tanks your in the right place. it just so happens that the GSAS (greater seattle aquarium society) is heavily into growing plants and they're major auction is coming up in april. i highly suggest going up to check it out and consider joining (i too am thinking about it) GL to ya and welcome to the site!
Thanks, I actually just went to one of their events for the first time this week and plan on going to their auction and get jump started in getting some great plants. Might become a member as well.

sandnuka

Hey and welcome to WFB, this forum is an awesome place to meet local hobbyiest like yourself, Theres also the market area for buying and selling your fry, unwanted fish, and equipment... (Make sure to read market rules before using)

Anyway, I think we have a awesome group here... just ask a question and see the great responses... Hopefully you will post some pictures of your fish, (Im a african cichlid fan myself). and would love to see them. :)

:welcome!:

gochu

Thought I post a pic of my current tank. Just upgraded from a 65 to 100 last month. Not a lot of fish in it though and they are all hiding.

img_2111.jpg

gochu

sandnuka said:
I LOVE THE ROCKS! I dont know about the two tone lighting... kinda crazy... very nice setup!
Lol, the lighting is not on purpose. I went to the store to get new bulbs but they only had one left. Thanks for the compliments. Took a while to build my background and I am happy the way it turned out.

gochu

sidekicking said:
Welcome
So what exactly are you keeping in that tank?
i have some tanganyikans. Currently a Frontosa, brichardi, and some loaches and a pleco. I had a calvus and a sexfasciatus but lost them when they got stuck in the rocks in my 65 probably after getting chased by my Neolamprologus tretracanthus. He was a big **LANGUAGE and claimed whole tank as his. So i got a bigger tank and he decides to kill himself by jumping out. Found him behind the tank dead. So i dont have much in there and was thinking about adding some shell dwellers to left of my tank or get some more fronts.

**edit, please watch your language

Anthraxx

well hey me and a few others do a carpool up to the meetings, i see your in lakewood so maybe u could jump on board that boat. also fishnvw has some shellies for sale currently, going cheap and id be happy to toss you some extra shells for em. just throwing that out there. anyways GL and glad to see u here.

gobluecichlids

Welcome to the forum, nice to see another african fan here... I noticed recently more are getting africans shipped here.

Keep the shellies to a small tank..get some bigger tangans for a big tank. I am placing an order from Oldworld tommorow.