WTB Saved by Sweetenuf. (She is.) Daphnia Starter Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyp3rcrav3

I'm looking for the least expensive daphnia starter culture I can come up with. It doesn't need to be many. Just enough to get the snowball rolling. I live on the north end and my resources are limited. I'd be happy with only a dozen at the right price (or free from someone who loves the hobby, nyuck). I have a few fish that would benefit from live foods and the internet prices are ridiculous.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for you in the south sound area. Out of curiosity, what are you going to feed them to? I’ve never had any fish that I’ve ever tried to feed them to.

hyp3rcrav3

I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for you in the south sound area. Out of curiosity, what are you going to feed them to? I’ve never had any fish that I’ve ever tried to feed them to.
I'm in North Seattle but I appreciate it. My kid has property down that way in Mason country but she doesn't live there right now. However, I might decide a road trip is needed for my mental health.

I am planning to feed them to tetras. I have young Apistogramma that would benefit from them. Live bearers are supposed to like them. From what I gather, everyone eats them. Even rainbow trout.

Sweetenuf

I bought some from the person in seattle on craigslist. While they have crashed 2x i can spare a few. I'm about 10 min from Aq Coop, where are you?

hyp3rcrav3

I bought some from the person in seattle on craigslist. While they have crashed 2x i can spare a few. I'm about 10 min from Aq Coop, where are you?
Thank you very much. I have 2 starter cultures going while I set up a 35 for outside. One will be back up, the other will be the seed culture. You are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.