Saulosi kids

Paintguy

These seem to be very easy to breed & thanks to the new girls from Conway Tropical Fish added to this group so the gene pool does not get too thin. Note the Convict in the background at the beginning. Not so tough with the daddy near by.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Just add water... :thumbsup Great looking fishes, and it's nice that you've added some unrelated individuals to the mix in order to minimize the effects of inbreeding. I was very happy to acquire ~30 Ikola adults recently, which I split into two groups and mixed them 50:50 (more like 15:15) with my existing colony, so I now have two Ikola colonies that are genetically diverse.

Betty

Staff member
Congrats on the fry. I used to keep saulosi years ago. I still have one old lone male left.

Are saulosi still on the CARES list as endangered?

Paintguy

Can't tell if they are endangered... all the gov sites are down.

I think I started this group about 7 years ago and they keep replacing them selves, but ended up with too many males. Was happy to find some healthy new stock to add and keep them going. This was the females first attempt too.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
These seem to be very easy to breed & thanks to the new girls from Conway Tropical Fish added to this group so the gene pool does not get too thin. Note the Convict in the background at the beginning. Not so tough with the daddy near by.

They're so CUTE!