RIP 15 year old eel

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Sorry to hear that. Sad to lose a fish you had for so long.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That is such a horrible way to lose a fish! I once lost a 20” silver arrowana that I picked up for a friend and was holding for him. I only had it two weeks yet it was still gut wrenching!
I think you should share some pics to celebrate him

hyp3rcrav3

Sorry to hear that. Sad to lose a fish you had for so long.
Most of the time when a fish dies, it's "oh well, it happens". Of course, I haven't had any other fish for 15 years.
Fire eels are so smart and personable. I'm convinced he would thank me by nibbling my finger while feeding him shrimp. He only did it for the first one each feeding so it wasn't like he missed the shrimp. He'd take them out of my hand and he would let them fall if I dropped it (until I left, then he would eat what the Raphael left on the bottom).

I had a friend who took care of him for a couple of weeks several years ago. He would always come out when she came by.

He was like a silly kid.

hyp3rcrav3

That is such a horrible way to lose a fish! I once lost a 20” silver arrowana that I picked up for a friend and was holding for him. I only had it two weeks yet it was still gut wrenching!
I think you should share some pics to celebrate him
I bet your friend was none too pleased.

hyp3rcrav3

About a year ago. I was about to move him into a 95 gallon tank. He loved that ceramic pagoda thing. I don't usually keep stuff like that in my tanks.

Attachments

• 20210328_171738.jpg
    20210328_171738.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210328_171723.jpg
    20210328_171723.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210328_171750.jpg
    20210328_171750.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 7

Betty

Staff member
Sorry for your loss.

I have fish in that age range and it's sad to see them go.