Removing chelated copper sulfate from water

CrashSmAshley

Most of you know there is a war going on between me and Ich in my 10 gallon. The tetras are doing okay, however, my betta got hit pretty hard which is why I chose to dose with Mardel Coppersafe instead of just using the heat treatment. He's doing a lot better now and a lot of his spots are gone so I know they're just in the water and now I wanna move to the heat treatment. How can I remove the chelated copper sulfate from my tank? Will carbon even help?

CrashSmAshley

Also, I'm looking at my AquaSafe water conditioner and it says it removes and/or neutralizes substances and copper is one of them. The copper was only put in yesterday, so I guess new carbon, a big water change and this stuff should do the trick.

shua

40% water change every day for a couple days, and charcoal should help just pull it out till you treat the new water otherwise you'll just pack the charcoal full of chlorine.

GL i had a payara die from ich and i had no idea how to treat till it was to late. but i hope better for the betta

sandnuka

with water changes and putting your carbon back should be completly gone within three days... pretty simple.