Red Devils

Knutsen1122

Hey everyone! just though I would share a pic of the little RD's I got from madness this last weekend. They are awesome little fish and im excited to get them in the mix, as soon as they are out of QT.(not that QT is necessary) If you want a quality F1 RD. Message madness. It was totally worth the hour+ drive for $4 worth of fish!

Attachments

• colin 1.JPG
    colin 1.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 89

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
It is nice when you have a hobbyist like madness who has a good clean line of fish. So many of the amps that are called red devil and midas are so mixed or line bred that many times you end up with just weird fish. Its funny they even coined the name 'midevil' for these fish.

Great picture of your new fish!

Madness

Staff member
Knutsen1122 said:
Hey everyone! just though I would share a pic of the little RD's I got from madness this last weekend. They are awesome little fish and im excited to get them in the mix, as soon as they are out of QT.(not that QT is necessary) If you want a quality F1 RD. Message madness. It was totally worth the hour+ drive for $4 worth of fish!

Thank you, and thank you also DMD.

Back when I first learned about the insane, rampant mis-identification of the red devils and midas I began to search for true species. It is crazy how many websites have documentation on red devils and they reference the midas, and vice versa. And when you look at the dates the darn things haven't been updated in several years.

Thanks to Jeff Rapps I have finally gotten my hands on some true red devils and midas. As well as Amarillo, Sagittae and sp' Red Isletas.

My ultimate goal is to be able to go fish the rivers and lakes of CA, and set up my own connections, and bring in true species.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Madness said:
My ultimate goal is to be able to go fish the rivers and lakes of CA, and set up my own connections, and bring in true species.

That would be a very cool!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Nice little guys! I can't attest to the fact that they are awesome ( I have four 4"-7" but none with those dang nice humps). Maybe I will pick up his 6.5" male ( make it a nice round number of rd)

Will I am

Good grab! Those guys look nice! It's very nice to have a breeder with pure strains. Why buy I breeds when you can get the real thing from madness?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I agree will! I can't wait for a few of his other pairs to start spawning too