Red Bulu and Foai Kachese video.

Loren

Don't forget that I have an unused 75 gallon tank in the garage. ;)

Or is that too small?

Mike16T

Don't forget that I have an unused 75 gallon tank in the garage. ;)

Or is that too small?
It is too small for the Petrochromis Red Bulu.. Maybe you can get a away with just for the baby ones but for adult, nope. They get really big. The closest you can get to Petrochromis is Tropheus (I love those fish). They're really cool fish to keep and enjoyable than Petrochromis in my opinion. 75 gallons is good for 15-20 adult size breeding group. As for the feather fins, yes, 75 gallons is good. The trick with African cichlids is you need to have a large group to minimize aggression.

Loren

Or, I could use the 75 just to breed Leopard Frog Plecos. In a few years with a little luck I could have quite the breeding colony.

Mike16T

Or, I could use the 75 just to breed Leopard Frog Plecos. In a few years with a little luck I could have quite the breeding colony.
I wouldn't go to that route if I were you. If you're just breeding a dwarf pleco, you can use a much smaller tank than that.

If you go for Tropheus, you won't regret it. They're very active and enjoyable to watch.. If you can ship fish, you can also sell the fry's easily for a good price. Trophs.com is the forum to go to for tropheus if you want to sell it quick.

Loren

I was just kidding. Actually, I plan to setup the 75 as a salt water tank someday.

Betty

Staff member
Very nice. That male looks impressive over his nest. Are they getting ready to spawn?

finray56

It is too small for the Petrochromis Red Bulu.. Maybe you can get a away with just for the baby ones but for adult, nope. They get really big. The closest you can get to Petrochromis is Tropheus (I love those fish). They're really cool fish to keep and enjoyable than Petrochromis in my opinion. 75 gallons is good for 15-20 adult size breeding group. As for the feather fins, yes, 75 gallons is good. The trick with African cichlids is you need to have a large group to minimize aggression.
If you are looking for Tropheus I have Duboisi and Kiriza Gold available.