Recent Topics is missing.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone. We'll be running an experiment to see how the usage of the forum is without the recent topics. After analyzing data. Topics that fall off the recent topics list become lost almost forever.

This shows that most of us are relying on this feature to get our content. This discourages new content creation and means we can lose things we were interested in by lots of new topics being created.

For the time being I'd like to see everyone use the forum normally. I realize this will be a change for most of us. No one likes change. However the goal is to make some areas become active again. We'll have things sorted by category again instead of just a list jumbled together of for sale threads, african cichlids, shrimp, etc all on the same list.

So lets give this a test and see how it goes :)

Thanks.

Chiisai

ha ha! But you have not disabled the "View posts since your last login!" So those lurkers are still capable of lurking!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Chiisai said:
ha ha! But you have not disabled the "View posts since your last login!" So those lurkers are still capable of lurking!
True enough, but even since taking away the recent topics option. I've started reading more topics again. I think it'll be a good thing all around.

A

Anonymous

This is how I used this forum for the 1st year. The portal/recent post allows me to quickly scan on lunch or small work breaks without the full commitment of entering the forum.

You are right though Cory , now I am surfing again. That's okay too...