Rant...............

BabyGirl77

I need some advice about something that I am having an issue on. The issue that I am having is about an admin who I am having issues with trying to help me stay out of trouble on Fish Forums. A little background: first I asked the admin if it would be possible to have a subforum, so that we could continue our question and answer of me learning to be a freshwater fish expert. He said that it wasn't doable. Well, I went behind his back and messaged the owner of Fish Forums about the subforum idea. The owner took it as the admin's idea and almost fired him, until admin told him that it was my idea and not his. Well the admin got really angry with me, yelled at me, and banned me originally for a year, but I was able to get it down to 6 months, which it is staying at 6 months right now. Since being banned, I have been trying to think of ways that would help me stay out of trouble on Fish Forums. I came up with some pretty good ideas. Anyway, recently I came up with something that just might help me stay out of trouble on Fish Forums. That is the mods and admin can say a word or phrase that will help me calm down and think before posting a response to anyone who upsets me. I told the admin the phrase that he and the other mods and admin/owner can use. I asked him to help me with it. The admin said "No. It's stupid. 1st you'd have to remember to do it. Next you'd have to pester someone else. Pestering mods is a good way to get banned again because they won't want to fool with this or with you. next, you'd have to wait & wait & wait for a response. It's just dumb. Like I said, just put a sticky note on your monitor that says 'I don't have to have the last word, and one more fight and I'm gone forever."'

I am thinking that I should leave Fish Forums for good, because that response for help says to me that he and the other mods and admin/owner don't really care about helping me stay out of trouble on Fish Forums. The admin who I am talking about is my friend on Facebook, that is how we have been staying in contact when we don't have the forum. He is also letting me know what books I need to read to get knowledge to becoming a freshwater fish expert. Yes I do want to become a freshwater fish expert. Anyway, I would like to get some advice on the above issue. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask and I will answer them.

Bob

Uh, how about whatever it is you are doing that gets you in trouble. You dont do that thing anymore?

dwight_zps2f27d7rm.jpg

BabyGirl77

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For me, that is easier said than done, unfortunately. There is an instigator on Fish Forums who was on Aquarium Forum. She and I had it out once on Aquarium Forum. I have put her on my ignore list indefinitely, so that I don't have to read her comments. I have the problem of always wanting the last word on Fish Forums. I have to practice thinking before posting comments and such. I have caused a lot of trouble on Fish Forums, but only by defending myself, evidently I defend myself the wrong way.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Is fish forums a Facebook group? Or a privately owned legitimate forum like wafishbox?

I teach 8th graders and every once in a while I have to create individual plans for students with secret codes that help them maintain.

One thing to remember in online forums is that everyone has their own reality and anything that suggests that their reality / our reality may be flawed immediately puts the majority of people into a defensive: argumentative mood.

If you must fight with others out of necessity.... I would suggest you place a smiley face at the end of your post along with a haha or an lol.

Being a mod on here; if you were acting a fool ( which I have never seen before) I would PM you and tell you to "pump the brakes"

For whatever forum you are having issues with, it might just be better to leave the forum rather than cause Unecessary drama and elevated blood pressure in your life.

BabyGirl77

It is privately owned legitimate forum. I was thinking on a word or phrase mods and admin can say to me when I get upset about a comment that someone posts. You might see it eventually. I just have to get comfortable here enough to really let my personality out. I am thinking about leaving Fish Forums, but it was the first fish site that I have become a member on. Also lloyd378: I will private message you the phrase that you can say to me to help calm me down.