Question...Anybody have any info on swap meets/auctions or gatherings coming up in general?

whatthebloody

I went to a swap meet in Auburn around 2018-19 and loved it. Was wondering if anyone had any info on when/if there will be another? Or an auction?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Let me reach out ( if my phones are still valid) for the organizers of the last swap and ask. I’ll send some texts tomorrow to see.

Betty

Staff member
The NW Aquarium Swap. I always found something to buy (that I didn't really need).

I don't know if the GSAS has their monthly auction anymore either. Most of the meetings haven't been in person lately.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

GSAS held 'in person' meetings starting last September but went back to 'virtual' meetings in January due to the huge spike in cases of the COVID Omicron variant. The GSAS board and is evaluating the return to 'in person' meetings at our monthly board meetings, our next one is tomorrow; the decision is based upon the COVID infection rate for King County. We hopefully will return to 'in person' meetings in March for our guest speaker Eric Bodrock from Oddball Aquatics. If we have an in person meeting there will be a monthly auction afterwords.

We are moving forward with our plans for the annual General Auction on April 23rd. We have secured a location (Eagles @ White Center) and it will be an outdoor auction (huge tent reserved)....let's hope the COVID numbers continue to decline so we will be able to have the auction.

GSAS had no affiliation with the swaps although several members did participate so I cannot provide information in that regard.

Stay healthy, be safe, -Roy