putting myself out there

skewbasteve

hey guys im new to the site and relitivly new to the fish world.
ive got a 30 gal planted setup with onelonly red oscar, though im getting a 55 gal showtank setupo from a buddy on payday, :D
just trying to figure out what i could and should throw in with the oscar. my girlfriend wants me to get a redtail CF but i know they get way to big way to fast. but i want to keep it aggressive for the mostpart. any iunput?

TexAveri

Yea if anything the Oscar needs 75 gallons minimum. If you didn't get the Oscar there are plenty if aggressive smaller fish to keep in there.

skewbasteve

the oscar is yet just a baby like maybe two inches. plannin on passing him off to a buddy with a 120gal. i want a BN pleco but idk where i could get ahold of one that and a clown knife. or peacock bass. these are just thoughts though

hbluehunter

Sorry to say it, but I've kept all those fish and not even a chance they'll make it in a 55. They get flat out HUGE.. You could use that 55 as a grow out tank but you'll need to get a bigger tank in 6 months or so.

Honestly if you want to keep aggressive fish, go BIG on a tank. (if you can) I would say 180 would be a good size that will last awhile. It's the right size for most aggressive fish out there.
I started with a 100 gal, and then went to 180, then 240, and then 300 gal ray tank, and now finally to my 300 i have now.. I wish i would have just started with a monster tank, it would have saved me a BUNCH of cash from switching tanks every year.. :(