Purchase question..

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Seems a bit weird a footprint. Sure its not 19” wide and 28” tall. Generally these were called 110 gallon xt or extra tall, basically a show tank. I love tall tanks and that is what most of mine are, but they are a bit more challenging to maintain with the extra depth. Also the footprint can limit what you can keep, the extra gallons are great but its a basic 75g footprint so thats a consideration.

If it is wider rather than taller that really would be ideal. But for $150 it is a decent price.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
It's a good price, but only if you can use a tank with such odd dimensions. For the kind of territorial fishes I keep, the area of the footprint is all-important, and height is largely irrelevant. That's why none of my tanks are taller than 22-24", because as @DMD123 points out, deep tanks are a PITA to maintain. That said, if you plan to keep fishes that would appreciate a deep tank, for example, Pterophyllum altum, then this might make sense. Assuming it holds water, of course. :cool:

ziggyzoo

Seems a bit weird a footprint. Sure its not 19” wide and 28” tall. Generally these were called 110 gallon xt or extra tall, basically a show tank. I love tall tanks and that is what most of mine are, but they are a bit more challenging to maintain with the extra depth. Also the footprint can limit what you can keep, the extra gallons are great but its a basic 75g footprint so thats a consideration.

If it is wider rather than taller that really would be ideal. But for $150 it is a decent price.
It was a turtle tank I guess. She doesn't know much about it as it was her sisters. It's hard to tell from the pictures. Most of my fish are bottom dwellers so I prefer the wider tank..it's so hard to tell from pictures but I'll send the ones she sent me..the tank is on its side in the pictures. Let me know what you think it is

Attachments

• received_297796455021083.jpeg
    received_297796455021083.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 8
  • messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 8
  • received_2872606503057718.jpeg
    received_2872606503057718.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8

ziggyzoo

It's a good price, but only if you can use a tank with such odd dimensions. For the kind of territorial fishes I keep, the area of the footprint is all-important, and height is largely irrelevant. That's why none of my tanks are taller than 22-24", because as @DMD123 points out, deep tanks are a PITA to maintain. That said, if you plan to keep fishes that would appreciate a deep tank, for example, Pterophyllum altum, then this might make sense. Assuming it holds water, of course. :cool:
It looks like this..tank is on its side in pictures..lemme know what you think it is..it was a turtle tank. It's hard to get answers as it was her sisters tank and she doesn't know much about it

Attachments

• received_297796455021083.jpeg
    received_297796455021083.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 2
  • messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2
  • received_2872606503057718.jpeg
    received_2872606503057718.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 2

sir_keith

Legendary Member
It looks like this..tank is on its side in pictures..lemme know what you think it is..it was a turtle tank. It's hard to get answers as it was her sisters tank and she doesn't know much about it
Yeah, it's a turtle tank, not an aquarium, and it looks home-made. Will it hold water when filled? I wouldn't count on it. Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. :mad:

ziggyzoo

Yeah, it's a turtle tank, not an aquarium, and it looks home-made. Will it hold water when filled? I wouldn't count on it. Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. :mad:
Thank you. I appreciate your honest feedback. I think I'll pass on it.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
It is a eurobrace tank. It does look like it was a DIY from the looks of the sylicone but still looks like a good deal to me. My fish room is in the basement with a concrete floor with drains. I would ask how firm the price is.

ziggyzoo

It is a eurobrace tank. It does look like it was a DIY from the looks of the sylicone but still looks like a good deal to me. My fish room is in the basement with a concrete floor with drains. I would ask how firm the price is.
My floor is also basement with concrete floor..just cheap crappy cat scratch distroyed carpet ontop

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well good footprint from the look of things but likely since it was used for turtle it was probably never filled to 100%.

I wouldn't buy it for that price now that Ive seen it.