Puffer owners, did you know about krill issues?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Mine attacks anything that is falling in the tank. But I did invest in a set of feeding tongs in case I have to try something new that he might not go at. So far he has ate anything Ive thrown in there.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
That's awesome. I'm glad mine finally started eating snails his teeth were almost to sedation point. I wonder if my boyfriend will let me set up a 5 gallon outside to breed pond snails in? Lol I gets old paying for them at the store.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like to feed an occasional cricket to my other fishes so I might get a few to feed to my puffer also. I have also considered using pillbugs (Rolly Pollies) form the yard. These are actually not an insect but a type of crustaceans related to crayfish. Another puffer owner on the puffer forum uses them and her fish loves them.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Interesting idea with the pill bugs, rollie pollie, saw bugs lol so many names for it. I was getting the heebies thinking about feeding earth worms then I reminded myself I use to thread them on to a hook for fishing when I was little and this is just dropping a whole one in lol

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
That's awesome. I'm glad mine finally started eating snails his teeth were almost to sedation point. I wonder if my boyfriend will let me set up a 5 gallon outside to breed pond snails in? Lol I gets old paying for them at the store.
I've even seen things like a large glass jar, or a bucket... throw some easy, prolific plants in there, set it outside, maybe an airstone? I don't even do water changes on mine, just top off's from evaporation.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
bronzefighter said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I've even seen things like a large glass jar, or a bucket... throw some easy, prolific plants in there, set it outside, maybe an airstone? I don't even do water changes on mine, just top off's from evaporation.
I have 2 empty 5 gallons and if he gets the pond out front set up i'll just throw some in there. But in the mean time.. lol