Pseudotropheus flavus

Betty

Staff member
Some of my male flavus -- an African cichlid from Lake Malawi.

f3353241.jpg

MMnov08.jpg

flavusmm2.jpg

flavusmm.jpg

1ad90e9e.jpg

7fe5c554.jpg

IMG_6390-Copy.jpg

icer711

nice looking fish betty... hey do you edit to get that close of head shot? looks good lots of detail you can almost see his teeth :D

sandnuka

I think the pseudotrohpeus flavus are my second fav mbuna.... I think.... There is so many.... but definetly demonsanai comes in #1

Betty

Staff member
icer711 said:
nice looking fish betty... hey do you edit to get that close of head shot? looks good lots of detail you can almost see his teeth :D
I take the pictures on macro setting and crop them to the head shot. They usually don't come out too clearly, but if I take a lot of pictures, I can usually get a couple in focus. :D

IMG_6389-Copy.jpg

A holding female.
IMG_7508.jpg

Sand, I don't think I can pick a favorite, but I kept demasoni for many years and loved them. They are a great little fish.

larry.beck

Beautiful flavus Betty! You have such great looking fish, and your photography skills do them justice. I'm constantly jealous. LOL

Betty

Staff member
Updating a very old topic -- I dusted off my camera and charged the battery and found out I'm getting worse at taking fish pics. :rolleyes:

I lost some flavus in a heater mishap a couple of years ago and a few others from various causes -- age and aggression, etc., but I still have two male flavus. Getting old, but still looking good.

010_zps0xn7dywr.jpg

011_zpssmneq3gy.jpg

014_zpsuos8y9n4.jpg

024_zpsojdky4lg.jpg

026_zpsuuxwfyvm.jpg

017_zpsqaivkgqx.jpg

018_zps1rto9h27.jpg

clownie

I dunno.... I'd say your photo skillzs are awesome! Hansom fish. I kept africans about 100 years ago, but have no room to do them again. Also, I want to keep species that match my water conditions ( soft, acid) so I don't have to do a bunch of buffering.

Mike16T

Updating a very old topic -- I dusted off my camera and charged the battery and found out I'm getting worse at taking fish pics. :rolleyes:

I lost some flavus in a heater mishap a couple of years ago and a few others from various causes -- age and aggression, etc., but I still have two male flavus. Getting old, but still looking good.

010_zps0xn7dywr.jpg

011_zpssmneq3gy.jpg

014_zpsuos8y9n4.jpg

024_zpsojdky4lg.jpg

026_zpsuuxwfyvm.jpg

017_zpsqaivkgqx.jpg

018_zps1rto9h27.jpg
Wow! Those colors are stunning! ^_^

Do you have Metriaclima Maisoni reef? Those are pretty hard to find and looks stunning also. =)

Betty

Staff member
Thanks. :)
No maisoni reef, but they are good looking! Looking back through old pictures, I kept a lot of black and yellow cichlid species -- yellow labs, crabro, auratus and flavus.

Mike16T

Thanks. :)
No maisoni reef, but they are good looking! Looking back through old pictures, I kept a lot of black and yellow cichlid species -- yellow labs, crabro, auratus and flavus.

If I setup an african cichlid tank again, Would definitely going after the maisoni reef.. =)

Have you kept Maylandia aurora before? That is on my wish list before.. =)

Betty

Staff member
Not the aurora either. There are too many that I've wanted to keep and not enough tank space or time left. :rolleyes: I wanted to keep L. chisumulae and was on a waiting list forever and never did get any. I also like the C. afras... so many.

I also love Labeotropheus and their funny "noses". I used to keep fuelleborni. So darn cute!

bignose3.jpg

bignose2.jpg

Mike16T

Not the aurora either. There are too many that I've wanted to keep and not enough tank space or time left. :rolleyes: I wanted to keep L. chisumulae and was on a waiting list forever and never did get any. I also like the C. afras... so many.

I also love Labeotropheus and their funny "noses". I used to keep fuelleborni. So darn cute!

bignose3.jpg

bignose2.jpg

Hahaha.. Those are one of my first african cichlid.. =P