Predator? What type do you have?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
She also seems bigger than what Ive read about. I thought they only got about 5".

Kaosu

yeah she is they can reach up to 11 inches.mostly in salt conditions.. they can be 100% salt or fresh..or anything in between..and you can condition them between all of them slowly to convert back or forth.

they are most commonly found at the 5 inch mark..it will be interesting to see how big she will get in captivity .

Madness

Staff member
I was given a sunfish by a friend, he called it a pumpkin seed. It is a pretty cool looking fish, and it is free to whomever wants to come get it. It just doesnt fit what I have.

It is about 4".

chriswf

Adonijah said:
I want a snakehead sometime in my life. Some of those video's on youtube are killer!
I'm new to the forums, do I don't know if this is okay to say here...
But I've thought of driving out of state to catch me one, and bring it home. I know I could get him home alive in water, especially if they can last a few days out of water.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
They are illegal. So you can "think" all you want on it but if you decide to act.... then you must face the consequences if you get caught.

It really is not appropriate to discuss ways you want to break the law.

Kaosu

102_6279.jpg

lol can you see them in the blurry pic?..

^_^ picked up two peapuffers from addictedtofish

and omg these little guys are awesome they are suppose to be predatory .. not really good in communitys as they grow ..they have been known to disembowel fish much larger than them..or nip them to death!

bwahahah evil little tiny fish..they have been hunting down snails and black worms non stop sens i picked them up a few days ago...never planned to have them but sooooo glad i do, interesting interactive little guys

i have a male and female!