Power Outage and Canisters

ledieudufromage

So. I had a power outage this morning. My Fluval 403 stopped working. I mean, It doesn't make noise anymore. It is not a clogging issue. Halp!

A

Anonymous

Open it up, clean out the impeller chamber, reassemble and power it up. Should take care of it. Mine used to do that a LOT. That's why I got rid of it.

ledieudufromage

Spyral said:
Open it up, clean out the impeller chamber, reassemble and power it up. Should take care of it. Mine used to do that a LOT. That's why I got rid of it.
It isn't the impeller. It seems to be the motor. I've had a similar problem with it in the past.

Update: I just hit it and it started working again. However, a colony of ants is now living in it.

sandnuka

i dont know why, but fluval filters are soooo difficult to start up..... I dreaded doing any kind of cleaning or changing bio in mine! If the lil' motor and fan are doin there thing, you might want to check the intake hose.... Mine always had to be syphoned down cause that pump only worked for pumpin up water for the output hose.
So after several years workin with them, It always ended up being 1 of those two things to get it back started...

1. Like spyral said, clean the magnet check to see if the blade is moving.

2. Check the intake hose and make sure water is coming down.

Good luck!

Doza

Usually on my experience the biggest issues is bad impellers .. or something is stuck in there that causes allot of friction not letting the magnet to spin the impeller.