***POTM*** Voting ***'BEGINS'***

A

Anonymous

Angelman said:
SiRWesDragon said:
I guess there's only 44 active members and tons of guests.
I don't think guests can vote and that number is the total # of registered users.
I was saying we got 44+ active members and voting out of 1136 registered members but alot of guests visiting. Not guests voting. Ok. We are derailing. Lets stop.:lol!: 

nick_76

part of the problem is this keeps dropping off the portal after a few days of inactivity. also, there just arent that many active users...just do the math - it appears there have been 2238 posts this month and the vast majority have been posted by 10 people.....so im actually surprised that there are 44 votes, considering. there just arent very many active users at all.

how did i come to these numbers?
i took pokes 291 posts, divided it by his perventage, multiplied that answer by my percentage and came out reasonably close to mine,i figure the discrepency is due to a rounding error

291/0.13=2238*.07= 156

so, we are not that active and vibrant of a community, just a tiny minority making all the noise (you look at teh percentage 10 is of 1136 or whatever we have...yet about 500 of those registered users have never made a post despite being registered for years- delete maybe?)

Madness

Staff member
The winner of this months POTM is :

plaamoo with a picture of a Schistura cf balteata, aka "sumo loach"

Congrats :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

nick_76 said:
part of the problem is this keeps dropping off the portal after a few days of inactivity. also, there just arent that many active users...just do the math - it appears there have been 2238 posts this month and the vast majority have been posted by 10 people.....so im actually surprised that there are 44 votes, considering. there just arent very many active users at all.

how did i come to these numbers?
i took pokes 291 posts, divided it by his perventage, multiplied that answer by my percentage and came out reasonably close to mine,i figure the discrepency is due to a rounding error

291/0.13=2238*.07= 156

so, we are not that active and vibrant of a community, just a tiny minority making all the noise (you look at teh percentage 10 is of 1136 or whatever we have...yet about 500 of those registered users have never made a post despite being registered for years- delete maybe?)
Nice. I'm part of the equation. :afro:  . . . hahahaha

plaamoo

Thanks folks! They are beautiful fish! There are several variants, hence the cf. I've been told that these look like the Burmese sp. Some are nasty, mine only bicker amongst themselves.

Anthraxx

really well done, i love seeing the oddball fish that arent readily available. its always nice to be surprised in this hobby. even after a decade of keeping fish its nice to know i havent seen it all :). Congrats on winning and keep those pics coming. (were a very visual group of folks :p )

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
You've got $25 credit at my store for winning last month Plaamoo :) Just let me know next time you come by my shop :)

Gryphon

nick_76 said:
damn, #2 cant even get its own owner to vote for it...now that's cold!
Yeah that was mine, Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish. Sucky picture taken with my phone. I couldn't help but vote for the betta XD

KaraWolf

Gryphon said:
Yeah that was mine, Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish. Sucky picture taken with my phone. I couldn't help but vote for the betta XD
I thought about getting these in some kind of awesome tank. Saw one at the Wet Spot, they had it in a nano aquascaped to look like a cave XD They are beautiful little fish!

LuminousAphid

Banner looks great, I agree that overall that pic has the most character and probably fits best next to the name up top! I like it!