POTM **IMPORTANT** PLEASE READ

A

Anonymous

MRTom said:
I agree too. I'd be happy to jump in and take care of logistics (starting the threads, posting the rules, receiving the pictures, etc.) If I can get a volunteer to photoshop the winner for the title bar, I think we'd be set! Any objections?

:plus1: 

Betty

Staff member
No objections from me.  I did a photo contest on another forum a few years ago and I know it can be time consuming and frustrating at times, so I understand how they end up getting skipped when life gets busy.

I think paintguy has done the banners in the past. (Does a great job!)

Madness

Staff member
I am all for it, anything to stop hearing Wes cry and whine.

Paintguy does the banners like Betty mentioned.

Have fun. :)

A

Anonymous

Rephrase that shawn. I wasn't whining and crying. I was asking. There's a difference bro.

Madness

Staff member
Im sorry Wes didnt realize that my smiley face at the end would make you think that i was being serious. Maybe I should have used this one  ;)  or maybe this one  :lol:  or maybe this one  :tongue: or maybe DMD's favorite  :joker:  But just because of your response and your giving me a red line on my post, now I am using this one  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 

Seriously stop being so sensitive  :roll:roll:roll:roll

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Madness said:
or maybe DMD's favorite  :joker:
I like to use that one because it hopefully helps people appreciate that I can have a very sarcastic humor and that what was said was just a joke. Maybe I just know you too well but I took it as being a joke and NOT picking on Wes. But it would have come across different if you would have placed the  :joker:  in this spot:
I am all for it, anything to stop hearing Wes cry and whine.  :joker: 

MRTom

Alright, with all that smoke out of the way, I'll be starting a June POTM post in the next few days. (I probably shouldn't be working on it while I'm at work!) Start getting your pictures ready!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Just a rule I wanted to clarify, maybe I missed it or it wasn't covered. If you enter a photo for the month are you allowed to vote if it's not for your own photo?

Madness

Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Just a rule I wanted to clarify, maybe I missed it or it wasn't covered. If you enter a photo for the month are you allowed to vote if it's not for your own photo?
That is not in the rules, you can vote for which ever picture you like the most. Even if it is blurry and not clear. :)

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but the mobile version of the forum, still shows fishNAbowl's picture as the current winner of POTM (nothing against you, buddy! :hugg: ), I don't know if this really matters or not, but I figured I'd shoot it up in the air in case anyone wants to tackle this. I tried looking around for options as a mod, but I don't think mods can do anything with this regard.

Maybe this is just a problem with iOS devices? I'm using an iPhone5s, if that matters?

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 35

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have blackberry but have to use the browser to view. I haven't had the problem. I don't know if it switches for a mobile compatible version of the webpage or not when viewing from the browser on my phone. I know some sites do that.

It seems to me that on Android and iOS devices, regardless of what browser you're using on the phone, it automatically starts up WaFishBox, in mobile mode. You would generally have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, to click on the "Full Version" button, so that you're taken to the original "desktop mode" of the forum.

And when you're in the original version of the site, the POTM winner is correctly displayed.