POTM **IMPORTANT** PLEASE READ

Madness

Staff member
This past POTM contest was a drag out to the end.  With that said, I am noticing/hearing that some are not playing nice. REMEMBER, THIS IS FOR FUN NOBODY WINS MONEY.  I noticed new people joining just for the sake of voting for a specific picture, (I doubt we see them ever again, why is that?) I am also hearing and seeing that individuals in the contest are soliciting to other members, & non-members (already mentioned above) which picture is theirs, and to vote for them.  REALLY?  :no: :no:  :no::no:

So because of recent issues on this last contest, I am adding a few more rules.  Please familiarize yourself with them, the new ones will be in RED.

The picture must have been taken by you

The picture must be of your own fish/water living creature (no tank shots or multiple fish shots)

You may only enter one photo per month

Your picture will be judged by the forum members using any criteria they wish

The pictures need to be in to me via email (madness@comcast.net) by 2 days before the start of the next contest (I have received pictures via p.m. the last 2 months, I will not except these pictures.  If your picture is not in the contest, this is probably the reason why.  EMAIL THEM TO ME).

Voting will start on the first of each month, (or as soon as announced)

The final winner will be announced on the last day of the month

Winner will not be able to participate in the following POTM contest

Voting and Photos submission is confidential (This is the big rule.  Nobody is to know who you voted for, and submitters are NOT to say which picture is theirs. If you post a picture either via show and tell or your Avatar, that is of your submitted picture, you will be disqualified.) A lot of us regulars know who's pictures are who's for the most part anyway, but the other 80% dont need to.  

There will be NO soliciting other sites to promote your picture and to increase your votes.  The above rule hits this rule also, if this is found out you will be disqualified.

There will be an end of the year contest where the winner of each month compete against each other (I will try and accomplish this.  I know we haven't stuck to this in the past, but I will try)

Breaking any of the rules will result in immediate disqualification of photo entry

PUT THIS INFO IN THE EMAIL ALONG WITH YOUR PICTURE ENTRY
Say who you are, along with your screen name
Say the species of fish in the picture.
The photo must not be smaller than 600x600

Most importantly, have fun! :joker:

nick_76

K...I know im guilty of at least two of those violations...but at least they were mostly harmless ones!

Madness

Staff member
Gryphon said:
Does it have to be just fish >_> What about inverts and corals ?
That would be fine also.

nick_76 said:
K...I know im guilty of at least two of those violations...but at least they were mostly harmless ones!
Thank you for coming forward, and I know who all are at fault. :suspect:

Anthraxx

dangit, cant figure out how to get this pic of nixon "i am not a crook" photo to show up. :( o well all i did wrong was not send an email :p.

on a side note: a big "tanks" haha to madness for keeping this place going, we couldnt do it without ya bro! (just get some africans soon lol)

BillHN

:iagree:
Anthraxx said:
dangit, cant figure out how to get this pic of nixon "i am not a crook" photo to show up. :( o well all i did wrong was not send an email :p.

on a side note: a big "tanks" haha to madness for keeping this place going, we couldnt do it without ya bro! (just get some africans soon lol)

A

Anonymous

"I only did X things wrong, but they weren't bad enough for me to get punished, so it's bragging time." is what I'm hearing...
Am I the only one hearing echos of Andy Sandberg shouting "I'M AN ADULT!"?

Please, let's not turn this topic into a flame war.

Let's get this straight. Violations are violations, regardless of how severe. If you violated a rule, learn from it. Simple as that.

I'm readily immune to fire. Everyone else, on the other hand...is not. ;-)

Just trying to keep this place as neutral as possible. lol

Madness

Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
Please, let's not turn this topic into a flame war.

Let's get this straight. Violations are violations, regardless of how severe. If you violated a rule, learn from it. Simple as that.
Plain and simple. Just dont do it. It only takes a few to cause things to be removed, or no fun.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
SiRWesDragon said:
No more POTM???
madness has been taking care of this in the past but I know he has been busy with school and getting his house back together after the flood (NOT a fish tank). Might need another mod to take this over for a bit?

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
madness has been taking care of this in the past but I know he has been busy with school and getting his house back together after the flood (NOT a fish tank). Might need another mod to take this over for a bit?
 :iagree: 

MRTom

I agree too. I'd be happy to jump in and take care of logistics (starting the threads, posting the rules, receiving the pictures, etc.) If I can get a volunteer to photoshop the winner for the title bar, I think we'd be set! Any objections?