WTB Polypterus delhezi - renton - mu / pu

L190

I'm looking for a larger delhezi. please let me know if you spot one at a lfs or have one.

Thanks

2 large ones in the large display tank at that fish store in sumner, not sure on the name. One was a darker tan with the crazy black stripe look and the other more white with the same black stripes.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Im thinking those were endli. Very similar pattern as a del but much bigger.

If you dont mind ordering online I suggest Aquatic Day Care out of Salem, OR. He gets in all kinds of cool bichir and will special order stuff in. I have purchased a few of my bichir from him. (sp. koliba-sadly jumped, weeksii, palmas palmas, gold dust)

L190

was thinking about ordering from them @DMD123 . i'll probably do it sometime in the summer if i can't find a nice one locally.
@Addicted2CAs yeah those are endli, i have 2 myself

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The ones in the display aren't forsale , sadly....

I'd be willing to bet if you offered up they would sell. Seems those fish come and go too often for them not to be selling them. Worth a shot anyway!

Madness

Staff member
The ones at Sumner are a Del and Endli, and they will not sell. I have tried to buy that Del every time I go there, the markings on it are very nice.

L190

@Madness yes it is. I have seen del at some fish stores but their markings/color was horrible, they were very washed out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Aquatic Day Care has Dels on their stock list at $65 for a 8-9". Since these guys are out of Oregon its only about $25-$30 to ship. So if a couple guys ordered it would be cheap on shipping.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I missed one in puyallup the other day..... It was 10" and 30 bucks..... I called about twenty minutes late and she had just put it on hild

L190

dang, problem is most of the ones i have seen so far have very fadded markings. I'm looking for one that has sharp black markings and a greenish body. I got one at sierra a few months back but it didn't make it thru quarantine