Photos of my saltwater and fresh water fishies

Vic

I've been looking at Hillstream Loaches since I want to set up an unheated tank. I like BN plecos and loaches, so how could I not like these? What do you have in with them and what plants do well at that temp?

lilfishie

Easy plants. I can get a pic maybe tomorrow of the tank.
But as far as occupants, all the baby BN plecos are in that tank. Also Blue Long fin, zebra, and gold longfin danios and Cherry Barbs. They will all tolerate lower temp. The tank temp actually stays right at 70 degrees, thats with no heater in the tank, but that is on the warm side for the loaches, but they are doing just fine.

Vic

Sounds good. I have plecos in every tank and I generally keep them a bit warmer than that, but I never argue with success. I'll watch for the tank pic.

lilfishie

Here are a couple pics of the coldwater tank.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Akire

I love your CW tank, it looks great. I wish I had the right fish for something like that, none of mine would be happy with the pebble bottom look.

lilfishie

I guess I should update my pics.
I have taken down all but one fw tank
I still have all my sw tanks
My fw is heavily planted 25gal tall with cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, red tail shark, blue gourami, neon tetras, marbled fancy molly, Scarlet Gem Badis, albino longfin danios, longfin zebra stripe danios, longfin blue danio, and a few other small fish(not sure what they are)
Check the link in the first post for my photobucket albums of the saltwater tank corals and fish. I'll try to get a pic up of them and the fw tank on this thread.