Photobucket Change!

Discussion in 'Forum F.A.Q. Help and Suggestions' started by Betty, Jul 6, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member Staff Member

It seems Photobucket has changed something with their linking to sites and some of the pics posted to this forum are messed up now. They are now charging to link.

I don't know why some photos show up and others are replaced with an image from photobucket. Like in this topic, for example -- notice all of the photos are gone! http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/threads/less-aqua.13348/

So if you use photobucket to post pics here, double-check and make sure they show up.

Loren likes this.
  3. Betty

As of today, all of my photos that I've posted through my photobucket account are gone. :mad:
    This is infuriating.

Loren likes this.
  4. Loren

Loren Well-Known Member

I have had a photobucket account for years but recently started using imgur because photobucket has been so slow and has so many popup adds.

5. Mike16T

Mike16T Well-Known Member

Yep... I stopped using photobucket for while already. I like imgur way better than photobucket.

Loren likes this.
  6. VickiK

VickiK Well-Known Member

DANG. That is horrible!

Loren likes this.
  7. Betty

I'll have to look at imgur or another alternative before the forum banners I posted in Media all disappear too! I had a separate photobucket account for those and the photo contest pics. I'd hate for those to all vanish as well.

Loren likes this.
  8. Mike16T

You might need to save a copy of those pictures in your local drive and download it to Imgur

Loren likes this.
  9. Betty

Thanks Mike. I think I have them on my computer somewhere, and they will still be in photobucket. It's just that they won't show up on the forum unless I pay to upgrade my photobucket account.

Loren likes this.
  10. Mike16T

Photobucket will be out of business or bought out again in the near future for sure. There are many alternative services that are free than photobucket and better.

Loren likes this.
  11. Betty

Yeah, I used to like pb, but the past couple of years they changed and I don't like it anymore. It sucks that they would break links to photos posted on websites long ago and start charging for those to show on the sites now.

Loren likes this.
  12. VickiK

VickiK Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying Googlephotos and my AmazonPrime photos. They automatically update from my phone.