Petrochromis Red Bulu update !

finray56

Hey I thought I would post some pictures of my Red bull colony. They have really colored up a lot since my last post. I have had no problems with aggresion whatsoever and recently my dominate male has been inviting females to his lair. Its has been a long road but I feel like my patience is paying off, these guys grow more beautiful all the time. When I bought them they were under an inch, now they are 6 inches plus.

Betty

Staff member
Looking really good. Nice that they are doing so well and not killing each other off. :)

finray56

Red Bulu are actually one of the more docile Petrochromis. I have heard many a horror story regarding other types, especially if they are not crowded in, kind of similar to Tropheus in that respect. I think sometimes people think you are just trying to sell them more fish but as you are probably aware it's best to crowd Tropheus to keep the aggression down. I don't know how big your tank is but if you are ever interested in adding another type I would give you a killer deal.

They look more orange rite now I had to move my Satellite plus to a different tank and that lights spectrum really brings out the RED. I am looking at the Satelite plus Pro now, I have red some great reviews about it !