PETCO Poulsbo RANT!

skarz

@Mac What exactly makes Petco a "joke"? I have lost less than 20% of the fish I've purchased from them. Here's a pic of my tank which I stocked (plants and fish) solely from Petco:

4x Platy
4x Neon Tetra
1x Honeycomb Gourami
2x Rasbora Het

0lX4h7L.jpg

Mac

The two times I visited to purchase fish or plants, never was anyone around to assist in getting fish or plants, and when I did ask for assistance I might as well have asked for their next born child. In addition, the few fish I did purchase there almost all died shortly afterwards. I don't expect red carpet service or assistance from subject matter experts in freshwater aquariums, but getting just a little customer service would have been appreciated....

By the way your tank is excellent.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Mac - you're right. His tank is excellent.

@skarz - you got your plants there too? The plants at my local chain stores look like "discount day" at Home Depot's garden dept. Not even 25% as good as the Co-op's plants, that's for sure.

skarz

@VickiK So the plants in my tank I got from Petco in Poulsbo are the micro sword, java fern, anubias nana, and rotala rotundifolia. The tall grassy plant in the back right corner is cyperus helferi which was purchased off eBay. Actually now that I think of it, the Frogbit was bought off eBay as well.

So 4/6 currently are from Petco. Here is a pick of my tank when it was 100% stocked from Petco in Poulsbo:

kMmhLMx.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@skarz - great looking tank!

Congrats Petco of Poulsbo...you are doing something right over there!

Now don't come over to our Lynnwood store and expect anything even close to that that great, Skarz. You'll be disappointed!
upload_2016-11-15_9-26-15.png<== which one is this? I WANT.

I've found that Poulsbo Petco has the best plants of the Kitsap Petco stores. I've found two large amazon swords there. I just have to make sure to watch how they bag them due to watching a lady pour water on one in a bag and completely destroy it.

skarz

@skarz - great looking tank!

Congrats Petco of Poulsbo...you are doing something right over there!

Now don't come over to our Lynnwood store and expect anything even close to that that great, Skarz. You'll be disappointed!
View attachment 3179<== which one is this? I WANT.

@VickiK - That is Ludwigia repens. In order for the pinks and reds to come out you need good light and an iron supplement. For me it grows like a weed and I needed to trim it about once a week. But that's probably because I run a Finnex Planted+ with pressurized CO2. :p

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@VickiK - That is Ludwigia repens. In order for the pinks and reds to come out you need good light and an iron supplement. For me it grows like a weed and I needed to trim it about once a week. But that's probably because I run a Finnex Planted+ with pressurized CO2. :p

I could make that happen in my 50, I think, even without all the cool light and CO2 that you've got going. I'm using Cory's iron juice and the easy green stuff too. Maybe I wouldn't have to trim it so often? LOL Bonus!

skarz

If you can't find any LFS that sell it just let me know and I'll send you my trimmings. Just pay shipping. :)