Paracyprichromis nigripinnis "Blue Neon"

L190

nice!! I saw some at the wet spot 2 weeks ago. I was thinking of getting some but my tank is already overstocked. At what size do these show off the crazy colors i see on the web?

Bob

I figure i got about another inch to go. Some are just starting to get the blue streaking. They are very slow growers so it will still be awhile. They school really well and sometimes swim in the most awkward positions, vertical, upside down, they dont care.

Do you remember how much they were at the wet spot?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Nice I'm jealous. That's still a fish I want to work with. Played with cyps a lot. But not paracyps.

Bob

I really want some albinos to throw into the group. But it was such a hassle getting these. Took three times before i had a group survive shipping. And albinos being more expensive, i just hate to pay that much for dead fish.

Betty

Staff member
He's coloring up nicely. Are they fairly mild-mannered towards their own species?

Bob

These are easily the most docile cichlids i have owned. My Utinta cyps are peaceful as well, maybe its a cyp thing. Im trying to build up an assortment of cyps but they don't seem to be very popular around here.

L190

Agree with you on cyps being not popular here. Trying to find some female cyp leptosoma but haven't had any luck

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
In time maybe the co-op will carry them. I love that fish. I'm sure I"ll be ordering some for my fish room as I build it out.

Bob

L190 said:
Trying to find some female cyp leptosoma but haven't had any luck

I know Jay and Carol have leptosoma Kerenge Island if you havent hit them up yet.

L190

I have, they have unsexed ones. I bought a group but it turns out I have 6 males and 1 female