~~~Parachromis Motaguensis~~~

Wolf-Keeper1

So I was doing a little searching around and seen this fish. I really like the color on it. And from what I've read has that certain kind of attitude that I love. Anyway just curious if anyone here owns any?

www.ivanov.ch/biotope/-americain/cichlid/cichlides_americains.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzerVshNLcnhy-mfcB-FmPsihcyGTw" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-BFUUb4vP04sIM::www.ivanov.ch/biotope/-americain/cichlid/cichlides_americains.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzerVshNLcnhy-mfcB-FmPsihcyGTw</a>

www.aquascapeonline.com/prodView.asp?idproduct%3D483%26item%3DRed%2520tiger%2520Motaguense%25203&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeHGbwbLI2skXJ83cm9A5ucWwV8NA" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:XLwdCObLhjQgSM::www.aquascapeonline.com/prodView.asp?idproduct%3D483%26item%3DRed%2520tiger%2520Motaguense%25203&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeHGbwbLI2skXJ83cm9A5ucWwV8NA</a>

www.flickr.com/photos/bluegrasscichlids/page4/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzc8fX-6tSpZUkGiqpaii9w3Q-XYrA" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UpgxbRWR4lWVMM::www.flickr.com/photos/bluegrasscichlids/page4/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzc8fX-6tSpZUkGiqpaii9w3Q-XYrA</a>

www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/p_motaguensis.php&t=1&usg=AFrqEze3Dfnr88t4qR3YQF_8bvCKKNeZhA" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:NWjBh9YFk4GwaM::www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/p_motaguensis.php&t=1&usg=AFrqEze3Dfnr88t4qR3YQF_8bvCKKNeZhA</a>

Sorry I can't copy and paste pics from my phone. It only does the links.

All pics came from google. None are mine.

So does anyone on this great board own any?

Wolf-Keeper1

There pattern and color I find insanely striking. Does anyone know where to find some juvies? I may try to grow a couple out. 2-3 inch range.

Madness

Staff member
I have 7 of them. They are RTM's, (red tiger mota's) and they are not common. I purchased mine at APFP months ago. I don't think they have any more. I might sell you a couple.

HALP

They are pretty dope fish, very mean and have some nice teeth. I got a decent male who is the biggest a-hole of a fish. Has killed about 5 fish so far including an arowana that was 4 or 5x bigger.

DSC_0328.jpg

HALP

I saw a few like 2 weeks ago at sierra pets in renton. They might have a few still, they were like $12ish

Wolf-Keeper1

Good looking out man. To me they are very similar to my wolf. Hey that isn't the fish that killed the jardini I was gonna get from you is it?

alexmuw

Wolf-Keeper1 said:
To me they are very similar to my wolf.
Your right!!

Tiger Mota: Parachromis motaguensis

Wolf cichlid: Parachromis dovii

There's a handful of parachromis cichlids like: jaguar, loisellei

Wolf-Keeper1

Yeah there is something about a fish fearless enough to bite and draw blood from a human that just touches me...lol. Hence the reason my steal fish the monster wolf fish.

HALP

Yea this is the one. All the parachromis are dope. I was going to attempt to have a few of the species but I've always had the dominate male kill the others.

Madness

Staff member
The ones I have are from 1" to 3". I just found one dead this morning. I usually buy Amphilophus but lately have gotten into the Parachromis. I have 7 RTM's, 4 yellow Dovi,(all around 1.5") 1 Loiselli,(about 9") and 2 Jags(one is about 3.5" the other 2"). The only one I don't have is the Friedrichsthalii.

HALP

I got 2. Biggest is about 5 maybe 6 inches he has exploded lately. Other one is like 2 and a half and if its a male one has to go.

Wolf-Keeper1

madness said:
The ones I have are from 1" to 3". I just found one dead this morning. I usually buy Amphilophus but lately have gotten into the Parachromis. I have 7 RTM's, 4 yellow Dovi,(all around 1.5") 1 Loiselli,(about 9") and 2 Jags(one is about 3.5" the other 2"). The only one I don't have is the Friedrichsthalii.
Let me know if you want to sell any RTM's looking for two male and female. Also possible if you wanted to flip a yellow dovii let me know. Oh and where did you get them? Are they wc?

HALP said:
I got 2. Biggest is about 5 maybe 6 inches he has exploded lately. Other one is like 2 and a half and if its a male one has to go.
I'll send you a text.

Madness

Staff member
I believe the Dovi are wild caught, would have to find out from the person I got them from. As for the the RTM's, they are still to small to sex.