Paint ball CO2?

Angelman

I have been doing allot of reading up on adding CO2 to my planted community tank. I came across something I might end up trying. Using a Paint ball cylinder. Has anyone else tried this?

Kianna

I'm thinking just under $60 each (not including check valve, glass diffusers)

24oz tank-not filled (filling $4.50 at Sport Authority)
asa on/off (ebay)
teflon tape
co2 tubing
Whitey Swagelok needle valve (ebay)
Gauge
.....and a few misc fittings from Lowes

TRD_Power

I know the DIY kits aren't much good after around 30g, so how big of a tank could you use one of these in? Definitely going to be giving it a shot someday.

Angelman

I just got mine up and running today. Go to sports athority and get there 20oz bottle ($35)(get the first fill free normaly 4 bucks). Order an on and off for the CO2 bottle with Gauge on eBay($5 +ship) and the needle valve at HD($3) teflan tape (.95). Works like a champ. Only problem is getting it dialed in (one bubble per second). After it's set just let her go. You can amost see the plants grow.... LOL.....

Anthraxx

have you considered the ph flux that will occur every night if the co2 is allowed to remain on? id love to see pics as well. seems like a nice little setup for the cheap.

Kianna

protocl said:
how to know how much c02 is needed?
I use ista co2 indicator

CLICK HERE

If the solution turns blue you turn it up....if it turns yellow you turn the co2 down. Suppose to run at about green. I run mine at a lime green (not quite yellow) and the fish are fine. I have less problems with algae with the higher co2.

protocl

Kianna said:
protocl said:
how to know how much c02 is needed?
I use ista co2 indicator

CLICK HERE

If the solution turns blue you turn it up....if it turns yellow you turn the co2 down. Suppose to run at about green. I run mine at a lime green (not quite yellow) and the fish are fine. I have less problems with algae with the higher co2.

Ahhh...thank you.