Nori - What Brand & Where do you Purchase it from

MarineLand

I have bought the sheets of seaweed from Central Market and am wondering if the unseasoned/unflavored sheets are the right kind to buy for fish to eat. Also, do the local stores carry the veggie clips to go inside the tank? What are the prices for those?

MarineLand

Thank you...I think I will check out Central Market tomorrow. They have a good seaweed selection and it is priced well. Have you been to Barrier Reef in Renton? I plan to go this weekend and would like to know what you think of it, if you have been there

lilfishie

Barrier is a great store. They have some really nice coral and get a lot of fish in all the time.
However, they tend to be pretty pricey on coral. Fish are reasonable though. Barrier has some great sales every year. Unfortunately they had their customer appreciation sale last weekend. You missed it.
Red C up in shoreline is where I get most all my fish. I've never gotten a sick one. He has some nice coral too. Better prices sometimes than anywhere else. Well except for my place. ;)

MarineLand

I just got a yellow tang from Red C last week. I love him and he is very healthy and happy. I got to Denney's Pet World frequently but their selection is not very big. Of all the reviews I have read of Barrier Reef, they have the best reviews though quite a few have mentioned them being a bit pricey. I will PM you. I have a question about tanks you may have sitting around

Anthraxx

couldnt you guys just stop by international district in downtown seattle? theres that huge shop on 6th (i think so at least) that would probably have a huge selection to choose from. might be cheaper is all im saying

lilfishie

Didnt know there is a saltwater fish store in seattle. Thats way out of my way. You know, I could make a day trip one day though and stop down there. I dont go into seattle unless its absolutely necessary. Just in case though, so I am not going in blind, any idea what the name of the place is and an address?

lilfishie

QT is a great thing to have. My fish are in a 55 qt right now awaiting introduction to the 240. Gonna be another 3 more weeks.
Anytime you get a new fish, they should be qt'd for a time before adding them to the DT.

Squirmteben

I'm sure someone in the ID sells unseasoned Nori. I know that I buy my frozen food at QT and it's the cheapest place ever. Maybe because it was smuggled...

The owner of QT allegedly facilitated a sail between a smuggler and an undercover Fish and Wildlife Agent. The fish were also farm-raised, so in my opinion, though many might disagree, he broke an over broad law that goes beyond its stated purpose: to protect wild populations. Farm-raised Asian Arowanas are legal almost everywhere else in the world.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Feds-Seattle-pet-shop-owner-illegally-trafficked-3821771.php

MarineLand

lilfishie said:
LOL...really!
Well, you can tell I had never heard of it.

I thought you were just changing the subject! LOL!
LOL, no :D Interesting convo about the store, though. I might go check them out. I did get a large pack of seaweed. The fish are not interested (with the exception of the Yellow Tang) but the crabs love it.