NLS sizes

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I recently finished up a jar of NLS AlgaeMax and really like the way it smelled and that it was a good vegie based feed for everyone in the fish room. I want to be able to offer this more regularly so I went looking for a bulk bucket of appropriate sized pellets. Well, do I want small, med, lg, or jumbo. Oh, why, can't they just list 1mm-10mm or 1/8-1in for size instead? NLS UK has a chart showing all there foods and available sizes so now I know that I want a lg pellet or 3mm and probably a jumbo(6mm) too.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

I tried to post pics but I missed getting an out of bottle shot of the Algaemax mini wafers

This was the 'Large' 3mm
IMG_20201114_130823672.jpg

To me the large size are too small for my 12" pearsei and bala sharks while the mini wafer is perfect for the pearsei and just a hair too big for the balas. These large 3mm would be too big to feed my community tetras, gourami, angelfish but I think 2mm would be okay.

Yeah I hate the way they size their pellets. The "large" 3mm float is funny because its huge! lol

Ruturaj Hagavane

I tried to post pics but I missed getting an out of bottle shot of the Algaemax mini wafers

This was the 'Large' 3mm
View attachment 10245

To me the large size are too small for my 12" pearsei and bala sharks while the mini wafer is perfect for the pearsei and just a hair too big for the balas. These large 3mm would be too big to feed my community tetras, gourami, angelfish but I think 2mm would be okay.

Yeah I hate the way they size their pellets. The "large" 3mm float is funny because its huge! lol
My flowerhorn gets mini wafers too. 3mm are just too tiny for him.