Nice find on native fish resources

Livebearer

Hi all,
This topic is really a take-off for Mr.Tom's coldwater/unheated thread but all should check this out anyways. There are lots of really cool fish I had no idea we had in this great counrty of OURS!!
I was doing random internet searches on varoius fishes and stumbled across this website on U.S. native collected fishes. Yes they are for sale but please check the invasive species list for Wa. state before ordering anything.
It does not mention any restrictions for purchases made for certain states either. There is also no mention of possible endangered native fishes that may be for sale on this site here as well.
Please lets hear back from anyone willing to contact this guy....

MRTom

It is indeed an interesting find! Going high on my list of things to investigate more! Thanks for posting!

A

Anonymous

Nice post! I am still deciding / researching fish to put in a future pond.

MRTom

Livebearer said:
Yes they are for sale but please check the invasive species list for Wa. state before ordering anything.
It does not mention any restrictions for purchases made for certain states either. There is also no mention of possible endangered native fishes that may be for sale on this site here as well.
One of the things that keeps slowing me down on my search is trying to determine which species are definitely safe to import and which ones are regulated by whom. Do you guys have recommendations on where to go for this?

Livebearer

Bassetman,
Some of the sunfishes listed in the website are also right in your own backyard! W.D.F.W. stocks alot of these varieties and just buying fishing license/pole and a container of worms will get some in your pond and the frying pan too :D !
I like the pumpkin seed sunfish as they stay small, taste good, and are very pretty and eat anything!

swamp-rat

I recently ordered from Jonah's for GSAS and he is an awesome guy, really willing to do what's needed to get you awesome fish. I'm putting together another group order if anyone is interested.

MRTom

Me!!! ME!!! MEE!!!! I'm totally interested. I only managed to get two everglades sunfish at the auction. And I would totally go in on a bunch more. Also darters and mudminnows!!!

KaraWolf

wow this week must be fish sorce week for me! Found 2 people who stock 2 of the species I want locally and then this guy possibly has the Pygmy sunfish I want in the future! o_O awesome find!