New Shrimp Tank

FishBeast

Hello! Want to show you my new shrimp tank! It's a 40 breeder. I moved plants and some wood from a community 40 that I am breaking down. That had shrimp and fish in it, who all got redistributed into various other domiciles. I also have dragon stone from the Co-Op and this really cool cone shaped driftwood I found.

In this tank I will be keeping shrimp only. It'll house my single CRS, a bamboo shrimp, a couple of amanos and a single blue velvet! My cherries are going in a separate tank.

I also won some shrimp in the Aquarium Co-Op and LR Bretz contest so I'll be getting more blue velvets from Lucas!

Plan is to have more of the other shrimp I mentioned above and add viper shrimp and Pom Pom crabs. It'll have snails in it too.

Sponge filter only. It's low tech, no CO2. Substrate is Fluval clay bawlz and some black sand coz I'm cheap bastard. I have some montmorillonite rocks in it too. I don't know what plants these are besides the swords.

Hope you like it! I'll be posting a video on YouTube soon as well...
IMG_4605.JPG

Loren

Oh man, I didn't know about that website! I bought from AqArts coz there was a sale... :)
I have bought from Aquatic Arts several times previously but their prices have really increased since then. For example I bought 10 blue diamonds for less than $70 shipped and now they want almost $11 each.

FishBeast

I picked up two of the Koval lights as well. The brightness is great and so is the price. The only complaint is that they don't sell a 30" so I have the 24's on my 20 gallon long.
Hi Loren! There is a beamswork 30 incher that you can get on eBay. Beamswork is the other light brand I use (mostly for my 48" tanks). although the 24s should work just fine (i think the brackets extend, right?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beamswork-3...D-Aquarium-Light-Freshwater-Fish/111863999023

Loren