new pleco addition

L190

So I talked to a guy who was selling 2 pleco. He said one was a green phantom and the other was a vampire. He wanted 30 for both and I said I'll take them. Met up with him this morning and one was a vampire, but the other was a rubberlip, darn. I knew the deal was too good to be true. I still gave him 30 for both since the vampire was very cool looking. Currently the plecos are in quarantine. I can't wait to add it to the 180 gallon tank where I'll probably see it once a month. I'll add pictures whenever I can get a good one.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
You got a steal even with the vampire. I looked online at wetspot and they want $50 for 2.53" sized fish. Nice score!

Betty

Staff member
Good deal. I know they are common, but I've always liked the rubber lip plecos.

L190

Yeah I like the look of the rubberlip too. I also got a pleco book that has pics of the many different plecos. Now I want a madness pleco tank

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I bought a 6" vampire recently.... I loved it but unfortunately it didn't transition well ( it died) from an African tank down to a Central American tank even with a drip acclimation. Id like to get another one soon. They are super cool!

L190

Here is a picture of the vampire in a free pleco cave I received from someone

L190

The pleco is pretty chill. It is going well with the others. The only mean pleco I have is a l33. Cool pleco but it fiercely chases down any plecos in its vicinity in the 450 gallon tank.

ArtPleco

Hmm, the way my 114 is. Just started doing this too. I know they can be feisty but yeah would totally do same. Interesting about the vampire. Second time I hear that now. Do they keep the spots right?

Madness

Staff member
yes, they definitely keep there spots. Here is my 7"

Attachments

• 20150805_191428.jpg
    20150805_191428.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

ArtPleco

Awesome!! I have been craving to get one with spots. So far I have ones with stripes that go vertical one with horizontal, leopard print, now it is time for one with spots. I don't count my rubber lips as their spots are very small and almost not noticeable yet. But I do want one like this with very large noticeable spots.