New page header

sandnuka

LOVE IT! just saw it 2 seconds ago while I was in chat... I love the fish.. great job again mikey! Doin a stand up job. what kind of fish is it?

Mikey

I'm gonna leave it on for a few days. But I think that I should make it match more with the blues on the site....Will work on it 8)

Doza

wish i had my photo editing software still.. very nice program i used for 95 and 98.. i think i burned it to a disk i will have to find it.. i forgot what the program was even..lol hope i still have the disc.

Betty

Staff member
That looks like a male Astatotilapia calliptera! :heart:

Mikey, make sure you have permission to use any photo if it was taken by someone other than yourself. Most people are fine with it, but once in a while you get someone who is not. (I don't really mind, but I have seen a few of my pictures on other sites used without my permission and it's always a surprise to stumble upon them. I've also been asked and have always said yes, but I appreciate them asking first.)

The banner looks nice, by the way. You guys have done a very nice job with the site.

Mikey

Betty said:
That looks like a male Astatotilapia calliptera! :heart:

Mikey, make sure you have permission to use any photo if it was taken by someone other than yourself. Most people are fine with it, but once in a while you get someone who is not. (I don't really mind, but I have seen a few of my pictures on other sites used without my permission and it's always a surprise to stumble upon them. I've also been asked and have always said yes, but I appreciate them asking first.)

The banner looks nice, by the way. You guys have done a very nice job with the site.
Yes, it is an Astatotilapia callipteral! Good eye. And yeah, I always ask as well. I asked on this one, but it was on a Russian fish site... got no response so I figured they all froze to death.

Thanks betty

Betty

Staff member
sandnuka said:
LOL @ All froze to death! LMAO!
Me too. :lol!:

Mikey, the only reason I recognize that fish is that I had four females and really needed a male for the longest time!

Mikey

Betty said:
Mikey, the only reason I recognize that fish is that I had four females and really needed a male for the longest time!
They are hard to come by!! I had one male in a show tank, one of my favorite cichlids. Betty, if you are interested, I am going to be experimenting with new headers, so if you wana send me a boat-load of pics to my email (mikeypb23@hotmail.com) feel free. I'd love to use them, and I'll put a WFB watermark on them as well so they will be forever ours :)