New Fish Lover in Edmonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceOnEarth

Hello, I am PeaceOnEarth, Mark & I started our first tank about 2 months ago. 55gal rectangle fresh water with gupys, mollys, gourami & cardinals. Lots of babies already, absolutely love it, starting second tank this week.

sandnuka

Welcome to the addiction!!! You wont stop at two!! lol..... just wait until you get some cichlids... or saltwater... then you will be in trouble! heheheh Welcome to WFB, gald to have you here.... There is lots of people and tons of great information for beggining hobbyist! DO NOT HESISTATE to ask anything!

PeaceOnEarth

The owner of Little Amazon Fish Shop said he had 30 tanks before starting the store.
He doesn't have any left, since he is at the store most days.
I can see how this can be an addiction...man, I already have a spring flower habbit...I was not planning on a fishtank habbit...
But what am I supposed to do with all the fish babies? They just keep doing it.

protocl

Welcome and do not forget to post pictures!

As for your guppies, may be giving the frys away or sell/trade?

welcome to the site, glad to see another user from edmonds. i can sence multi tank syndrome in your future, at my lowest tank moment i have three going, i currently have 5 hahaha and at the most i ran 8 tanks at once....as for your guppys find some people on here who have preditory fish to sell to or give to. Im not feeding my arowana live fish right now but might in the future. if your just getting started in this addiction i would say buy equipment thats bigger than the application you want it for so when you get larger or more tanks you can re use the same things instead of having to rebuy them. welcome.....good luck in the hobby.

Kingstature

Welcome, You will eventually get too know all of us fish nerds. . I started with one 10 gallon 22 years ago...Hmmmm, well I currently have 25 fully functioning tanks and working on number 26... Addiction is a understatement for me I think I may have O.C.F.D. (obsessive compulsive fish disorder).. LOL... :king:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the site. What I did to stem my addiction was find one species I loved and focus on them. For me, it was Frontosa of Burundi, Kavala variant. I went from a 29 gallon for 3 years to a 55 gallon for 6 months and then took the leap to a 180 gallon tank. I am now happy as a pig in poo, I love the big tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.